Selvedge Denim @ Old navy

Guest Methimphibian

Guest Methimphibian

So I was just at Old navy picking up a belt and I saw some rawish looking denim similar to 501xx, so I thought they looked ok, way too soft for my taste though, but I checked under the pant leg and it was selvedge cut!!. $20 buck!

I always thought selvedge cut was pretty expensive denim??? maybe?

Well anyway thought I'd share that, and No I didn't buy them.

Quote:

yeah they are def just crap denim, they went way over board with the slevedge...its all over the place...on the waistline and in the pockets....

--- Original message by kixslf on Mar 16, 2006 01:08 AM

Yup...me and KIX both went in and tried em' on.

By far the worst fitting...worst quality pair of jeans I've laid eyes on.

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha.

i'd say that's true, but generally, the dyes and fades on higher quality denim look better than cheaper dyed denim. generally. some people just prefer the higher quality overall status buy thing when they buy expensive stuff.

look, its old navy jeans. got it as a gift yesterday... -_- i could return it, but it looks fine to me. i just expect it to stretch and wear out super fast then ill have to ditch it in a couple months. these arent the fake selvage ones though.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7821/oldnavylol3mo.jpg

fashion changes, style remains

Quote:

hahaha.

i'd say that's true, but generally, the dyes and fades on higher quality denim look better than cheaper dyed denim. generally. some people just prefer the higher quality overall status buy thing when they buy expensive stuff.

look, its old navy jeans. got it as a gift yesterday... -_- i could return it, but it looks fine to me. i just expect it to stretch and wear out super fast then ill have to ditch it in a couple months. these arent the fake selvage ones though.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7821/oldnavylol3mo.jpg

--- Original message by ikidomari on Mar 28, 2006 06:23 PM

ikidomari----those are sick O NAVY jeans

that's one day old?

Guest Airjamie

You're obviously talking about the new Old Navy Premium line. Geared toward the sophisticated shopper who's ready to move up from the Kmart and Wal Mart ranks, these jeans are made with rare mexican denim and include special details such as sparkly shit on the back pocket and "about as real as a $30 Rolex" selvage lines. High-end all the way.

Quote:

no no theyre old navy.

you have to drop your expectations a little lower.

they came with it. Rofl.

--- Original message by ikidomari on Mar 29, 2006 01:57 PM

no... for 30$ i can getb 3 pairs of vintage orange tabs. and that is exactly what i expect from old navy, garbage.

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

• 6 months later...