Q: LVC 1901 vs Nudie BBDS

alitarbegshe

Hey everyone new to the forum.

I've got £100 coming my way and want to buy a new pair of jeans. Narrowed it down to the 1901 LVC and the nudie baggy bjorns

Just a few questions

1901:

How does the indigo hold up?

How effective is the cinch in keeping your pants up?

What is the size of the leg opening?

Baggy bjorn

Being left hand twill, does that make a difference to the appearance?

What is the leg opening?

Do they come true to size or oversized?

The 1901 are nice jeans - although are you sure it's still in the current collection, I thought fall 05 was an 1890 one-pocket pant? The indgio hold up really, really well. The cinch doesn't. I will try & post pix tomorrow. Remember it's a fiarly light denim, 9oz i think, which affects the feel. Good for summer, bad for winter.

Re the Baggy Bjorn's l/h twill, it doesn't noticeably affect the look, it will give it a softer feel.

The buckle on the 1901 is less than useless, as well as the belt. The worst of it is there are no belt loops. They stretch like madness and you will tugging at them all day to keep them up. They are too light and mine did not distress very well. The first time I "cinched" the buckle it snapped in two like it was made of pot metal. Bottom line, they are shit.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Paul T:I would be picking up the 1901's from a few seasons back, the last collection from Valencia. Wasn't going to because Wild_whiskey has often mentioned that the dye isn't up to scratch on LVC's, but you say the denim isn't sourced from Cone Mills, which made me give them a second look. light-weight denim would be perfect for the summer, and i do love the exposed rivets, arctuate design and the historical significance of this piece. If you could post pics, would be excellent.

Hmm, mixed messages about the dye, maybe different seasons? and if the cinch is useless, coupled with the fact there is no belt loop, how in heaven do you guys keep your pants up. I dont want to be grabbing my balls every 10 seconds. especially since i wear my jeans really low, baggy and loose.

The nudies are very appealing, but I absolutely detest the back stitching. Would take them off if I get them, but would still like a nice back pocket design. I also like exposed rivets and cinches. Maybe some one can suggest another alternative?

Here are the 1901 Levi's. You'll see that the indigo is terrific - really dark, holds its colour. Compared to my other jeans these haven't had a lot of wear, and they've been washed a few times, but the colour's holding up well. I suspect the fabrci for these comes from Kurabo - it's the redline denim that comes from Cone - and has had more dips than most of the other LVC. WHen you compare them they're very different, much blacker.

Levis1901f.jpg

This close-up gives a better idea of how the denim looks. Nice'n'dark, huh?

Levis1901detail.jpg

And here's the back view. Maybe the nicest arcuate and back pocket design of any LVC:

Levis1901b.jpg

I fully agree that the back cinch is useless, so these jeans so hang lower - you can pin the cinch together, or even sew it if it really bothers you. But mine are pretty big, and it's not too much of a problem. But I'm serious that these are summer jeans, they're a light denim, and a bit draughty. But they're a pretty flattering cut, I've been told... all told these jeans might not be to everyone's taste, they're not as practical as the 1947 Levi's, and I'm not sure I would wear them throughout the year as my main pair, but they're unusual, and look great.

Thanks for the photo's paul T!

Yep, the idigo seems to be holding up really really well. A lot better then my 1933 anyways.

The arctuate looks beautiful.

Think I'me going to go with the nudies. I've just looked through my wardrobe and realised all my jeans are Levi's or replica's of such. Change is good.

Thanks again.

A, if you have the 1933s already, the nudies sound like they'd make a good change.

THese are synthetic indigo, altho the real things would have been vegetable. Most of the natural indigo I've seen is much paler than this. I had a pair of LVC 1880s repros in natural indigo that I got rid of - sizing was out and I foudn the fade too bland.