Question: Ironheart owners please read.

sfiction

Ok am pretty interested in a pair of ironhearts. just curious about the sizing so wondering if people could help me out with a few questions.

1. How much does the waist stretch over time? I wear size 30 in APC New Standards, maybe could have got a 29 actually. Whart size is good for ironhearts?

Maybe a good guide to help is the size you guys actually wear for other brands and your Ironhearts size? Measured, the area around which i wear my jeans is abt a 34.

Any help is much appreciated...thanks

Edited by sfiction on Mar 14, 2006 at 01:02 AM

sfiction, when i got my 21oz selvedge (not all that long ago) the recommendation was to expect a good inch of shrinkage in the waist for some reason, but nothing significant anywhere else. being a 34 actual jeans waist i ordered a 36, and after a soak it did, in fact, measure out to around a 34. but i now see this isn't noted on the web site anymore, and i think ironheart has done some work to eliminate that shrinkage (they seem to make specific mention of it on the japanese web site). so given the change i'm not sure people here who own ironhearts are going to have experience that is relevant for you.

so i'd say measure the back waistband of jeans that fit you well, double it, and go with the sizing chart on the website. personally, i would not size down aggressively. this is a very thick denim, and while they'll stretch over time, it will take a very long time.

the rise is relatively classic: mine measure out at aroun 11.5 in the front, the same or at most a 1/2" shorter than the repro cuts i have. the rear fits great, neither baggy nor tight. straight legs, but a bit on the wide side (similar to the APC rescue). actually these are the best fitting jeans i have, can't make up my mind if it's the cut, or a combination of the cut and the heavy denim.

that model, yeah. just re-measured. from the crotch seam to the top of the waistband in front i get a bit under 11.5, in back i get 15 (for comparison, my rescues--loose fitting, size 32--measure a little over 11 in front and about 14 in back). if i measure from the bottom of the waistband to the crotch seam i do get 10, so maybe that's what going on. i don't know what's traditional in terms of measuring front rise, maybe you don't include the waistband.

email the ironworks uk guy. he was very helpful answering questions when i bought these.

I have been emailing him. but i don't wanna ask so many questions that i come across too annoying. at least over here there are possibly more people who are able to help. (tho it seems to be mainly you wooster so thanks alot for that!).

Wow, now that you're saying your APCs are 32 makes me even more confused actually. Cos mins are 30. maybe i should actually get the 34 ironhearts. looking at the overdyed blacks.

the 32 rescue's are too big for me. eventually i'll ebay 'em. really, i'd measure the back waist of a pair of jeans that fit. that's almost always where the waist measurement comes from in those sizing charts. usually when people try to put a tape measure around themselves they end up a size or so too big. if you're a 30 or 29 in the NS then i bet you're more like an actual 32 jeans waist.

i'm pretty sure these were 1-wash when i got them. so you can try them on and, worst comes to worst, do an exchange. postage back and forth to the UK probably wouldn't be too painful.

I just got my new selvedge and a pair of the bootcut today in a w36 (( my normal size, APC seem to be oversized)

Quality,service and fit are superb.They're washed once so I would suggest that on a cold wash the shrinkage would be minimal. In my opinion these fit true to size...

• 1 year later...