Junya Watanabe Men F/W 10.11 Paris

bill

echoing 'safe' looks like he just diverted some inconspicuously well-dressed flow off the streets and into the building, except for the middle layers (which are probably fit for a king) and the one bright jacket

he's taking this season off? lol. just what it looks like when you come out with crossover shit like fw09 and a surrounding bevy of other creative seasons. can't wait too see prices and accompanying well-furnished stores at the end of the season

I like this. For a lot of reasons, which I don't think I can even begin with without making a very lengthy post.

Though I do understand the boredom that people feel as most FW shows are almost like parades of heavy outerwear on top of layers, on top of clothes, wherein only the most obvious and blatant of details can be seen. Which, I think works against Junya Watanabe, as most of the things I particularly like with him are those subtleties he's so fond of including.

To keep the rambling short, I'd go. Blazer, blazer, shoe, cardigan, pant, shoe, boot. That's with saying that most of the shirts are already a given.

P.S. Kanye in ever runway shot, annoying indeed, and yes. Now that I've looked at it, and then referenced back, it does leave the door open for it to be called "too safe" in comparison.

I'm not familiar with Junya other than by name, but I like how aggressively cut (most) of the suits are without being skinny (high armholes, slim sleeves, darting, etc). The "jean" trousers are interesting, especially when they're slung low off the hip like that. I bet it's something that looks better in motion than in still photos.

Oh, and after all these pics I'm set on getting a porkpie hat.

but I like how aggressively cut (most) of the suits are without being skinny (high armholes, slim sleeves, darting, etc).

Oh, and after all these pics I'm set on getting a porkpie hat.

Not sure which collection you are looking at, suits look pretty damn skinny to me, probably too much so in some cases judging by the all around fabric pulling, others just look shrunken.

d1.jpg

Not sure how I feel about all buttons/ pulling, but I really like the shawl collar cardigans. Hope they make it to sale so I can afford them next year around this time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No idea where Junya took references from, but this collection strongly brought to mind Cary Grant's wardrobe and outfits in 'North by Nortwest'. Could be the colour palette i think(?).

Like the blue and olive parkas.