a day in life with nigo

Salem

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the name of the song in the video?

edit: nm, found it

Edited by cchen on Mar 8, 2006 at 06:24 PM

Quote:

whats the name of the song in the video?

edit: nm, found it

Edited by cchen on Mar 8, 2006 at 06:24 PM

--- Original message by cchen on Mar 8, 2006 06:17 PM

so what is it?

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Quote:

and as far as i can tell he has a pretty wack method

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure you should ideally fill the screen and then pull it once

--- Original message by heartsandcrafts on Mar 8, 2006 08:14 PM

no he did it right, he actually did it pretty well, except his wrist work.

Quote:
Quote:

and as far as i can tell he has a pretty wack method

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure you should ideally fill the screen and then pull it once

--- Original message by heartsandcrafts on Mar 8, 2006 08:14 PM

no he did it right, he actually did it pretty well, except his wrist work.

--- Original message by Salem on Mar 8, 2006 08:33 PM

I've never messed around with the squeegee like that on smaller prints. It's just for when the print is wider than the squeegee, right? Or we do it differently?

But I do keep all my inks in shiny stainless steel bowls. That's the only way to do it.

Quote:

i love the thinking that if your shit is popular, you know what, fuck making money, fuck making tons of money. keep it real, fuck thinking about selling out, just make enough to pay for the equipment and materials! smart thinking man! keepin it real!

--- Original message by lyingonyourdriveway on Mar 9, 2006 12:18 AM

I think Nigo's making plenty of money to pay for equipment. And as far as keeping it real goes...I'm sure he's got no problem pulling pussy and isn't it Nigo's Bentley that's covered in Bape camo? But shit, if that's real...to each his own.

Actually, BAPE is not as expensive as many make it out to be....if you check on the official website, you will notice that prices in Japan are so much lower (and I mean basic retail prices)...that is also one reason Japanese resellers specifically are having a great time...prices were lowered in BAPE japan recently but the prices in New York and London remain much higher....a pair of BAPE STAs retail for the equivalent of about £65-£70. In London, the BWS charges £120!!!The obvious reasons would be freight costs and import duties. The limited runs (and the hype around certain items eg the purple camo hoodies) drive prices sky high on the reseller/secondary market. The same hoodie in the London store retailed for £170 (it was much lower in Japan, around £130 or something) but resellers are selling them on ebay for around US$1800. Yes almost US$2k!!! That's reseller greed and hyped up demand. In terms of prices, Japan is cheapes, New York second and London, yet again, the most expensive. In actual fact, recently as prices went down in Japan, they actually increased in London!!! I am not really sure whether the BAPE store in London is a franchise set-up of sorts (I think it is)...in that case, Nigo (or more specifically his company because most overlook that BAPE is a company, not a one-man show - it is the equivalent of saying that Bill Gates writes the software for Microsoft or that Steve Jobs spends hows designing the next I-pod- that just doesn't happen folks) does not set the prices in London or NY, it is whoever owns that franchise. Its a pretty good deal from a business perspective. The wholesale price is reduced, your push up the prices in your store on the retail front and you still sell-out of every single item the day it is released or soon afterwards. That is a retailer's dream (from a profit perspective).

So when you look at the BAPE phenomenon from the secondary market/reseller perspective, yes, the clothes are way too expensive. But if you can get it at retail, then you are not being massively ripped off. I have heard that quality has slipped over the years but if the retail prices are as low as they are in Japan, then you are paying for about that level of quality. The only problem of course is that those that really love the brand or are diehard resellers are willing to queue up for nights on end in awful weather just to cop that particular hoodie or jacket.....the same thing happens to certain Nike releases....even Supreme has a similar following (but perhaps not as obsessed)......

Quote:
Quote:

i love the thinking that if your shit is popular, you know what, fuck making money, fuck making tons of money. keep it real, fuck thinking about selling out, just make enough to pay for the equipment and materials! smart thinking man! keepin it real!

--- Original message by lyingonyourdriveway on Mar 9, 2006 12:18 AM

I think Nigo's making plenty of money to pay for equipment. And as far as keeping it real goes...I'm sure he's got no problem pulling pussy and isn't it Nigo's Bentley that's covered in Bape camo? But shit, if that's real...to each his own.

--- Original message by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Mar 9, 2006 02:17 AM

you missed the point. i should have quoted

Quote:
Quote:

how about the bape condoms?

--- Original message by hahnstch on Mar 8, 2006 09:44 PM

Handmade from Japanese lamb intestines, silkscreened with a camo print (to disguise penis size)..

--- Original message by minya on Mar 8, 2006 10:04 PM

did he personally do all the beta testing of the condoms? i'd like to see a video of it icon_smile_tongue.gif