a day in life with nigo

Salem

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a cool video.....for marketing purposes. He's using waterbased inks and a heat gun. Believe me.....that is not how his shirts are made. Maybe when he first started out that may have been how he made the first couple batches. His squeegee technique looks odd because of the waterbased inks....he's trying to drive the ink into the shirt.....as opposed to laying plastisol on top of the shirt. If he was doing that with plastisol the shirt would be a freakin' mess. He can get those shirts printed for approx. .50 a shirt in volume. It's a basic two color print with no placement issues on a white shirt. A screen printer with a good automatic press can print 800+ shirts an hour.

Whether you like the guys stuff or not he absolutely has the marketing thing down.

Conceived and executed on the working waterfront of Portland, Maine. www.jayallen.biz

Quote:

It's a cool video.....for marketing purposes. He's using waterbased inks and a heat gun. Believe me.....that is not how his shirts are made. Maybe when he first started out that may have been how he made the first couple batches. His squeegee technique looks odd because of the waterbased inks....he's trying to drive the ink into the shirt.....as opposed to laying plastisol on top of the shirt. If he was doing that with plastisol the shirt would be a freakin' mess. He can get those shirts printed for approx. .50 a shirt in volume. It's a basic two color print with no placement issues on a white shirt. A screen printer with a good automatic press can print 800+ shirts an hour.

Whether you like the guys stuff or not he absolutely has the marketing thing down.

--- Original message by Jay Allen on Mar 9, 2006 02:01 PM

that look pretty plastisol to me

I suppose it could be plastisol but I don't think so. I've never seena heat gun cure a plastisol print that fast. The red ink especially looked like a waterbased product. You could sort of see through the ink on the shirt. If it was plastisol, on a white shirt, it wouldn't look like that.

Of course the other option is that I'm completely wrong....wouldn't be the first time. Either way....it's a simple, interesting graphic that he made enough money to buy that Rolls with. I say congrats.

Conceived and executed on the working waterfront of Portland, Maine. www.jayallen.biz

THE SONG IS CALLED FREEDIVING IT WAS A SINGLE OFF THE FIRST APE SOUNDS RECORD I DONT KNOW WHO SINGS IT BECAUSE IT DOESNT SAY ON THE RECORD..

THAT INK LOOKS LIKE PLASTISOL TO ME.. I HAVE COOKED IT WITH A HEAT GUN THAT FAST, IT DOES WORK.

NIGO IS A GENIUS...

HOPE YOU GET IT LATER

Guest sauce1

k now about the difference between Printscreen and silkprints?

icon_smile_tongue.gif <---didnt know there were emoticons here.

dg;ls.

someone took my niketalk name here.

Quote:

BEN LEE THATS RIGHT!

THE RED COULD JUST BE A BAD STOKE..

I LOVE THE LITTLE TWIST THAT HE DOES ON THE SECOND SHIRT..

IM ALREADY WAITING TO SEE SOMEONE BITE THAT.

--- Original message by Selegna on Mar 9, 2006 04:12 PM

IF SOMEONE WAS GOING TO BITE IT THEY WOULD PROBABLY HAVE DONE IT BY NOW! THAT VIDEO IS A FEW YEARS OLD!

Quote:

i wonder how much is a paint job like that is going to cost......honestly

--- Original message by 6MT on Mar 9, 2006 01:37 PM

depends on the paint quality, amount of work and time in the baker (the big building with the ducts on the ground to suck the extra paint spraty down)

I know it costs about 9000 - up for one tone colour (this includes sanding down existing paint, masking shit the whole deal)

camo like his probably costs 15000 and up (i am pretty sure he didn't prep the car up himself)

-I felt good times come, i thought they stay

angels came, but they left today.

hotel motel its hot in hell

now i am left with no home-

Quote: IF SOMEONE WAS GOING TO BITE IT THEY WOULD PROBABLY HAVE DONE IT BY NOW! THAT VIDEO IS A FEW YEARS OLD!

TRUE.. BUT ALL THE BITERS ARE JUST NOW SEEING IT.

OH AND THATS NOT A PAINT JOB, ITS A FULL WRAP (BIG ASS STICKER)

MAKE EM SAY UHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

HOPE YOU GET IT LATER

I can't find this damn song on Limewire.

But I want it!!!

Anyone want to send it to me?

I been rappin' for about 17 years..

I don't write my stuff anymore,

I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin I can do that.

No disrespect... but that's how I am.

thats the milk magazine video right? I gotta similar one on Takishin of NBHD.

Whats all this talk about Nigo doing well with women? HAHA.

The guy is obviously gay. Would a straight guy be that anal about absolutely fucken everything? and he`s got a damn beatles shampoo bottle collection! He does his best to give the image of being a playboy, photoshoots with cute (sometimes topless) girls and stuff but just for show.

He`s never been linked with any female in the J-tabloids either - sorry 14yo homophobe fanboys but your idol is probably gay. I`d say about a 90% for sure.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote:

I dunno man, I would say he could get any woman he wants but I wouldnt be surprised if he was abit of a loner outside of the media's eye..

--- Original message by greentalks43 on Mar 10, 2006 12:35 AM

oh yeah he could get any woman he wanted to...IF he was straight...I think you`re missing my point

Quote:
Quote: IF SOMEONE WAS GOING TO BITE IT THEY WOULD PROBABLY HAVE DONE IT BY NOW! THAT VIDEO IS A FEW YEARS OLD!

TRUE.. BUT ALL THE BITERS ARE JUST NOW SEEING IT.

OH AND THATS NOT A PAINT JOB, ITS A FULL WRAP (BIG ASS STICKER)

MAKE EM SAY UHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

--- Original message by Selegna on Mar 9, 2006 07:57 PM

I HAD A FEELING IT COULD BE WRAP, WOW, THEY DID A GOOD JOB ON IT

Quote: sorry 14yo homophobe fanboys but your idol is probably gay.

Sorry? Would that be a problem? Would liking the clothing of a gay man make the 14 year old fanboys gay? I don't get it.

Honestly, I think the brand is too garish, so I'm not defending him from the perspective of a fan.

Quote:

The guy is obviously gay. Would a straight guy be that anal about absolutely fucken everything? and he`s got a damn beatles shampoo bottle collection! He does his best to give the image of being a playboy, photoshoots with cute (sometimes topless) girls and stuff but just for show.

He`s never been linked with any female in the J-tabloids either - sorry 14yo homophobe fanboys but your idol is probably gay. I`d say about a 90% for sure.

--- Original message by MilSpex on Mar 10, 2006 12:28 AM

Nigo was married before with Ichii Yuri from East end x Yuri. Now he's dating with Makise Riho, she's a ex drama actress. So I don't know which J-tabloids you are reading...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

how about the bape condoms?

--- Original message by hahnstch on Mar 8, 2006 09:44 PM

Handmade from Japanese lamb intestines, silkscreened with a camo print (to disguise penis size)..

--- Original message by minya on Mar 8, 2006 10:04 PM

did he personally do all the beta testing of the condoms? i'd like to see a video of it icon_smile_tongue.gif

--- Original message by hahnstch on Mar 9, 2006 12:56 PM

you want to see nigo fucking.... damn kid

denim is the new crack

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by MilSpex on Mar 10, 2006 12:28 AM

Nigo was married before with Ichii Yuri from East end x Yuri. Now he's dating with Makise Riho, she's a ex drama actress. So I don't know which J-tabloids you are reading...

--- Original message by Lars on Mar 10, 2006 05:37 AM

links?