slimmest levi's

krookedskater

Slimmest cut for men is the Levi's 514 in terms of mass produced models (available at JC Penney, etc. for $35), not a bad fit either. Otherwise, you have to pay for "Premium Levis", in which I believe the Skinner is one of the most narrow cuts, although it will run you around $150. Alot of guys here in Socal go to the Levi's store and get the women's jeans, the names of the two models evade me now, but they are straight-legged and very slim fit.....

this happens all the time in fashion trends. a new trend is sometimes a response to the previous one getting out of hand. as with the baggy hanging down to your knees jeans in the 90s going to such a ridiculous extreme with everyone trying to outdo each other, the same is happening with tight jeans. guys are actually buying womens jeans now in order to look like ballet dancers. the beginning of the trend is usually the most reasonable, like how stupid extreme the baggy low hanging jeans were getting, a few people start noticing it and take the initiative in bringing out a new look, the rest of society catches on because it's the time and place for that look to happen and then it just goes too far. its like people lose their persepective on how they look because its so commonplace to see a certain trend everywhere, and the more extreme it gets doesnt seem like a big deal because youre only seeing small increments, day to day.. they cant see it right now, but after this trend is killed by a new one and they look back, theyre going to think "holy crap, i actually wore that???" dont get me wrong, i dont care what people wear, but it does reflect man's tendency to follow the herd one way and then the other, back and forth in cycles, and sociology is an interest of mine, fashion is a good place to notice psychology

Thank god for people out there who are willing to push the boundaries. Imagine a world without punk, glam, hippies, Victorians, gabbers, Harajuku girls, etc, etc. Wouldn't the world be boring as hell without 'trends getting out of hand'?

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

Quote:

this happens all the time in fashion trends. a new trend is sometimes a response to the previous one getting out of hand. as with the baggy hanging down to your knees jeans in the 90s going to such a ridiculous extreme with everyone trying to outdo each other, the same is happening with tight jeans. guys are actually buying womens jeans now in order to look like ballet dancers. the beginning of the trend is usually the most reasonable, like how stupid extreme the baggy low hanging jeans were getting, a few people start noticing it and take the initiative in bringing out a new look, the rest of society catches on because it's the time and place for that look to happen and then it just goes too far. its like people lose their persepective on how they look because its so commonplace to see a certain trend everywhere, and the more extreme it gets doesnt seem like a big deal because youre only seeing small increments, day to day.. they cant see it right now, but after this trend is killed by a new one and they look back, theyre going to think "holy crap, i actually wore that???" dont get me wrong, i dont care what people wear, but it does reflect man's tendency to follow the herd one way and then the other, back and forth in cycles, and sociology is an interest of mine, fashion is a good place to notice psychology

--- Original message by cant_sleep on Mar 8, 2006 02:00 AM

Wow, thank you for explaining that to us. You seem to have the inside scoop on how fashion works.

In Australia there's a relatively new fit number 563 that is skinnier than the 506 and it comes in a dark unwashed looking blue and an unwashed looking black. I wanna invest. They're nice....like the Lee L1 in Ausralia too (but i already invested in them icon_smile_wink.gif )

we are made of the sharpest things you say

well... the slimmest ive tried on were canadian orange tab 634 i think, but the quality was shit. they were tight from the top to my ankles. i actually wear the premium city straights, which are womens, but are cut square at the top so theres no extra material for the hips, ass, etc... they are also not tapered, so they arent too skinny at the bottom, but cut very long so they bunch up nicely. i found mine, indigo with black overdye, at tj maxx for 12$ i reccomend them. i actually get more compliments from women(not little girls) on them than almost anything else i wear, excluding my vintage us airforce dress jacket.

denim is the new crack

levi 606 are totally slim---Rakuten's got them. I wonder if I could even get my foot through the bottom of them.

I haven't had my morning coffee yet, but isn't all fashion an expression of an ideology? Skinny JR jeans, for example, are an expression of an early 80's nihilism as it applies to the present. In other words, fashion (punk, hippie, et al) is an externalization of one's values, yeah?

Not trying to be wonky... I was just shocked that someone didn't consider "hippie" or "punk" to be "fashion". McLaren's Sex shop? I mean, the Pistols were fashion whores. Yeah?

Anyhow, the skinny jeans thing is not flattering for my figure-----I'd look like a mosquito.

Quote:

--- Original message by cant_sleep on Mar 8, 2006 02:00 AM

dude. skinny jeans have been around FOREVER

Quote: this happens all the time in fashion trends. a new trend is sometimes a response to the previous one getting out of hand. as with the baggy hanging down to your knees jeans in the 90s going to such a ridiculous extreme with everyone trying to outdo each other, the same is happening with tight jeans. guys are actually buying womens jeans now in order to look like ballet dancers. the beginning of the trend is usually the most reasonable, like how stupid extreme the baggy low hanging jeans were getting, a few people start noticing it and take the initiative in bringing out a new look, the rest of society catches on because it's the time and place for that look to happen and then it just goes too far. its like people lose their persepective on how they look because its so commonplace to see a certain trend everywhere, and the more extreme it gets doesnt seem like a big deal because youre only seeing small increments, day to day.. they cant see it right now, but after this trend is killed by a new one and they look back, theyre going to think "holy crap, i actually wore that???" dont get me wrong, i dont care what people wear, but it does reflect man's tendency to follow the herd one way and then the other, back and forth in cycles, and sociology is an interest of mine, fashion is a good place to notice psychology

Hah hah, wtf!!??? way to go on a retarded rant that has nothing to do with the question......

Theyre not black...but theyre not indigo neither...they look kinda like a really dark grey to me...my favourite part is the a-symmetrical back pockets.......I think that once i get used to throwing my back out everytime i get dressed in these things im gonna like em alot.

So far I've rinsed them three times in the tub in lukewarm water and once in the washing machine with cold water....and theyre still shiny and stiff as hell!!...very impressive.

I got mine off ebay for 99.99 USD off a good seller from Japan....but heres a link with more pictures

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A//www.joenet.co.jp/casual/levi/redtab/a606/a606-0303/a606-0303.html&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

heh yeah..not too shabby huh?.....if youre interested in picking up a pair off of ebay, the seller goes by " k-sevencom " ...mine shipped from Japan to Canada in 4 days...so he's not a deadbeat seller as far as i can say...aside from the skinny 606 he also sells other A-Type's in 517 boot cut, and 505 slim straight leg in the same wash.....im thinking of picking up a pair of 505's off of him....these jeans have been out of production for a while now so i dont know how much stock this guy can possibly have.

• 1 year later...

anyone know of any other website where i could buy these jeans? the levis type a 606. They look awesome! But it appears that they're now out of production. I found some on yahoo japan but those sellers don't ship internationally :( and k-sevencom doesn't have any more items for sale on ebay... and how does it compare with the levis 606, non type A version? It's in this link

http://store.yahoo.co.jp/levis/6060303.html

The A-types came out neary 2 years ago, not in production any more unfortunately. I have ben trying to find a pair for a while (got the A-505s and they are awesome). Your best bet would be to use a proxy buyer to buy them off yahoo.jp, and then ship them on to you overseas. Might cost a bit more, but it will be worth it!