Does Wrangler still make a full selvedge?

sneakeraddict

The thing with Wrangler jeans is that there is no visible selvage line, because their outside leg seam is similar to regular jeans inside leg seam.

Yes, they do reproduce their old Blue Bell jeans and denim jackets. Especially the jackets look fantastic.

sneakeraddict - I've always found the 13MWZ to fit (in the legs) pretty much like the 501s. Overall, the 13MWZs do appear slimmer, but when I wear them, they fit almost exactly like the 501s, except the rise is a tad higher than the Levi's, and I don't seem bothered by wanting to hike my jeans up every now and then.

Wrangler does produce a slim-fit 13MWZ, and that could have been the case here, or maybe you got an oddball or something...

JIm

Jim Cissell

They are terrific jeans. The people at Wrangler Europe made a real effort with them. It's very good denim, specially developed for the jeans at Orta Mills, a great example of how fabric doesn't have to be selvage to be good. I have the 27MW shirt (the Steve McQueen one) and it's one of my treasured possessions, much better, i gotta say, than the Levi's Sawtooth repro.

By the way, I'd describe the 11MW as close to a 1947 straight leg. The 13MWZ repro is more of a cowboy cut, slimming to the knees, then straightening again, like a very subtle bootcut (I think that's the one that was designed by Rodeo Ben).

There's info on the range at the wrangler site. You might have to select Wrangler EUrope, then look for the Blue Bell collection.

Edited by Paul T on Mar 7, 2006 at 12:16 PM

I have a pair of the 11MWZ 1950's Wrangler jean repros and a the 1950's denim jacket with the zipper, both repros made by Edwin. Neither of them show the selvage, but I discovered when I shortened the jeans that the fabric is indeed yellow line selvage, the jeans were just made in a way such that the selvage was folded over and hidden. On the jacket if you peel the fabric back at the zipper you can see that they used yellow line selvage.

Wrangler Japan used to make a full selvedge pair of 11's. Beautiful. Not sure now. They make a broken twill copy, but I prefer the european repros at this point.

Otherwise track down the Xmas 2005 edition of Studio D'Artisans. Lovely Wrangler repro. Redline, grey weft, left hand, selvedge.