should I soak lvc 1947s before wearing?

headtowall

This has probably been answered, and I have searched, but anyway.

Should I soak these first? Cold water?

They fit great right now, but I'm worried about breaking them in and then having the creases twist if I decide to wash them down the road?

Sorry if this has been beaten to death and I'm just missing it.

The short answer is yes.

Wear them as they soak, if you wish, then take them off and hang them on the line and they will start to wrinkle in a natural way. If they fit well now, use cold water so they don't shrink too much. For the first six months either don't wash em, or dry clean only. You might want to wash them cold thereafter (hand wash out any major marks) to minimise shrinkage.

i just got the lvc 47s the other day and if you do what i did, they will shrink.

i soaked mine for 8 hours in a bucket of cold water, then spinned them in the washer to get the water out then hang dry, they shrank 2.5 inches in lenght and about 2.25 inches in the waist so as long as you bought them at least 1 inch over in the waist and 3 in the lenght, you should be fine. if you don't want them to shrink as much don't soak them as long..

My goal is to get any leg twisting out of the way(assuming lvc 501s even twist when washed? I don't know), and minimize the amount of shrinking in the legs. The length is really good right now.

From what I gather, my best bet is to soak them cold(unsure of how long to do this) then wear them dry. Am I on the right track?

since they are "stf" then when they hit water, they will shrink... at the same time the leg twist will take place, that is the nature of the levis "shrink to fit"

the lenght will lose some length if you wash them that is a given, even if you wash them in cold water you will probably still lose about an inch of lenght min, you can after they come out of the wash when they are wet, stretch them by pulling on the legs, but that will probably only get you maybe a 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch or so of lenght back tops, but not much more.

if you think the jeans will be too short if you take 2-3 inches off the lenght then bring them back and exchange for a longer size.

you could avoid all this by never washing them using water, you will have to bring to a cleaners to have them dry cleaned that way they will not shrink.