Levi STF opinion!

naturaljax

I just bought a pair of new Levi STF's and some starch and I'm ready to go working on them.

Just a quick question though..

in your experience, what has gotten the best results? Soaking them in warm / cold water prior to wearing, or wearing them rigid until washing?

I just want to know which way will give me the best natural wear lines.

I been rappin' for about 17 years..

I don't write my stuff anymore,

I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin I can do that.

No disrespect... but that's how I am.

i soaked in warm water because i wanted them to shrink a little bit before i start wearing them... then u just wear them as much as possible...umm..i starch maybe once a week?

not to be a dick but most ppl here would tell u to do a search... have fun with your jeans

Quote:

i soaked in warm water because i wanted them to shrink a little bit before i start wearing them... then u just wear them as much as possible...umm..i starch maybe once a week?

not to be a dick but most ppl here would tell u to do a search... have fun with your jeans

--- Original message by pokpok on Mar 1, 2006 10:15 PM

haha yeah I did some searching and found SOME of what I was looking for, but I just wanted to see what people thought about theres.

How did yours turn out?

And thanks for the help!

Dude I started mine from the day before yesterday! I cold soaked mine W31L32 Leg opening 16 -> W30L29 Leg open 15. Have fun! This is probably the best fit jean I had so far because of superfuture ! Thx guys. I learned a lot in here.

Mysignature.jpgicon_smile_cool.gif

i just got the cheap levi's STF, do they really make that much of a differnece from the 175 vintage STF? and also im about to go to work on them right now, when i soak em in hot water to make it shrink, would the jeans lose it's shine? and how much of it?

can someone pleaseeeeeeeeee answer this ?

a billion thanks guys!

They will lose their sheen and there is quite a difference between LVC levis and the standard stf.

Edited by rnrswitch on Mar 4, 2006 at 08:37 PM

$50 sounds expensive for the standard 501XX STF - they're on sale all the time here in portland for about $30-40. still, $50 isn't exactly going to break the bank.

do a search and you'll find photos of people gettting pretty great results with them - the problem is that the denim is not very high quality, and they lose a LOT of indigo with each wash. my advice is soak them to fit, wear them heavily for three to six months, machine wash them once to get some contrast, and then dry clean only from there on out... you'll definitely get your money's worth out of them.

lol, yeah it wouldnt really break the bank, lol i just soaked them in hot water and i put htem on wet but i took em off in 5 mins it was too cold and felt weird and i didn want to stand forever, yeah i saw that guys 2 months STF looks soo good, i hope i get a good lesson out of this 50. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

this is what I actually ended up doing

I put them on (commando style!! haha) and hopped into the tub with them for about 20 minutes. This is the way the 60's Mods used to get their STFs to fit nicely, so I figured I'd go with tradition.

Anyway, after that I let them soak in the warm water for about another 1.5 hours. Then hung them dry and when they were dry, starched the upper thigh, thigh and backs of the knees.

I've been wearing them straight now for a few days, will probably starch them again tommorow and keep this up for awhile 8]

I'm excited to see how they'll turn out.

i wouldnt' say you waisted money on them, afterall they are still a good pair of jeans you can use to kick around in.

just leave them in a bucket of water overnight then spin them in the washer to get all the water out and hang dry them... that's it, they will shrink most of what you heard, if you really want to get almost all the shrinkage out then pu7t them in the dryer instead, but that will probably make the jeans a little fuzzy so if you can deal with that, then you can see how they fit after shrinking to the max.

I was planning to get a pair of thoe $30 Levis STF 501s. I usually wear a size 32x32. Im planning to shrink them with cold water for 3 hours and hang dry it.

What size should I get? I did some research and everyone is saying something different.

Also, if i soak them in my white bathtub, would it stain?

And if i starch them with the aresol spray, where do i spray? And how often?

Thanks for the help

Quote:

I was planning to get a pair of thoe $30 Levis STF 501s. I usually wear a size 32x32. Im planning to shrink them with cold water for 3 hours and hang dry it.

What size should I get? I did some research and everyone is saying something different.

Also, if i soak them in my white bathtub, would it stain?

And if i starch them with the aresol spray, where do i spray? And how often?

Thanks for the help

--- Original message by beautifulray on Mar 5, 2006 06:51 PM

With STF's you want to go up 2" in the waist and 4" in the inseam.

It will not stain the tub, unless you have cracks in the enamel, and even then it probably wont stain.

If you starch you will want to starch the back of the knee and the thighs

i went to sears and macys today

i couldnt find the STFs anywhere (let alone bloomingdales and etc)

where can i find these jeans?

Quote:

i went to sears and macys today

i couldnt find the STFs anywhere (let alone bloomingdales and etc)

where can i find these jeans?

--- Original message by herpsky on Mar 5, 2006 11:51 PM

literally EVERYWHERE sells these jeans.

try your most basic clothing store and it's almost guarenteed to have them.

I mean, my dad wears them, but that doesn't mean he wears them in a cool fashion.

Try something local, like a department store.