Jay Allen - Hoodies

Jay Allen

Hi All -

Several of you have asked to see working samples of the hoodies I showed at Pool. These images are pretty rough...but you'll get the idea. The hoodies are made with essentially the same process as my shirts....reactive dyes and discharge inks. The result, from a technical standpoint, is amazing. Graphically probably not to everyones taste....but I can live with that. I really wanted to create the illusion of texture....where these is none. As always....feedback is always welcome.

Acid Rain

Acid-Rain.jpg

Fire

Fire.jpg

Patriarch

Patriarch.jpg

Red Square

Red-Square.jpg

War Paint

War-Paint.jpg

Conceived and executed on the working waterfront of Portland, Maine. www.jayallen.biz

I really like Acid Rain and Fire, and the one with the squares is neat too. I think I would like the shirts better if the textures were all over the shirt. I know it is a trend know, but what you are making is trendy goods. I mean no offence in that, as they are quality, artistic goods. So I think they go hand in hand, anyways just my opinion. Good work.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Edited by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Mar 1, 2006 at 11:48 AM

Quote:

what kind of hoodies are those?

and how much for one?

--- Original message by adsurgo on Mar 1, 2006 10:57 AM

The hoodies are made from AA hoodies. PM me if you are interested in any. Retailers are starting to carry the stuff, and it's important for us not to undercut them, but samples and stuff exist.

SendKyl... Jay's artistic concept was to frame the chaotic prints, and thus make them even more vivid and visually striking... Anyway, it's an aesthetic judgement, obviously...

Just wanted to take a quick moment and thank all of you that have been supportive of my crazy venture. I'm a long way from being a "brand" or, to be truthful, even being profitable. If things continue in the manner they have this last month, I think I have a shot at a sustainable business. Just got more orders in from Japan this morning and it appears that I may have struck a nerve there. I'll certainly know more in a couple months.

Anyway....those of you that have PM'd me...I'll be answering those tonight. I'm up to my elbows in dye and ink at the moment. If you havent already contacted me about a hoodie please get in touch with FOK at [email protected] . I'm so freakin' busy making the stuff that I'm having a hard time keeping up with my email. Fok generously offered to help me by doing some rep work.....and answering some of the email inquires. Anyone that has a specific, or technical, question feel free to contact me directly. It may take me a day or two to answer.....but I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

Conceived and executed on the working waterfront of Portland, Maine. www.jayallen.biz