Just won these Prps on ebay

Luca5446

Someone else picked up a pair of these a few weeks ago so search for the PRPS thread it might be the same seller.

I'll say again that For $60 you're laughing/it doesn't matter when uninformed people are buying practically the same thing for almost 10 times that in London and yes, they look fine. All the details you can see in the photos are correct for that model jean, the only thing that is surprising is that they're a 34" leg - IME normally PRPS ends at 32" which really bugs tall people everywhere and definitively proves that it's good to stay close to the ground.

Enjoy.

Really hate to beat this thread to death, but I am a PRPS retailer so I guess I'm some-what credible:

1. Aside from the tags not being wrinkled (again, mentioned already, sorry) all the details on these jeans are dead on

2. My guess is that the jeans are authentic but that perhaps there is something else shady going on. Perhaps they were factory seconds or cosmetic blemishes. Perhaps some guy stole three crates of them off the back of a truck....god knows.

3. People ask me all the time about buying stuff like this on ebay. I always advise: if it seems too good to be true, it most likely is. Nobody sells stuff for half of wholesale just because they are being nice, either something is screwy with what they're selling, or how they got it

Fuck....more shit to buy

the seller I got these from (the first link) has sold others for $250 and also sold diesel that looked good, I don't know I tend to trust most people so I'm thinking may he measured wrong don't know but I'll take some pics when I get them...are there any "hidden" details that I should post?

again thanks for all the input

Quote: It is strange that they show all of those detailed pics and none with a selvage seam.

Serge - these aren't a selvedge model, hence no pics.

Lucas - all the details are there. That's what's so confounding. If they're fake ( and I don't think they are) they're real good, but obviously not good enough for someone at PRPS( Unless they're hot, and the seller just wants to unload them)

Like I said originally if you like them just enjoy them now you've got them icon_smile.gif

i mean sh!t, with all this 3rd world counrty manufacturing going on (not necessarily speaking about

prps) whos to say the product the companies themselves are dishing out are "real".

side note: i copped a pair of the charcoal prps (50 shipped, haha) off ebay...took them to a local retailer and compared the in-store with ebay bought. i couldnt find a single difference between the two- aside from slightly varying degrees of distressing (to be expected) and the now infamous "un-crumpled tag". denim fabric, texture, color, weight, stitches, rivets, buttons, the works, all identical. i say F it. if these are in fact fakes, then the counterfeiters went through such great lengths, and did such a great job that they transcend the realm of fake and become real and the world around them becomes fake, hehe.

In my past life I was a biblical times savor, in this day and age I'm a political sign waver.

these are def fake. dont look on the details, they dont prove anything. meanwhile they copy everything to the fullest perfection. just onsider the wash and distressing. and that is so horrible and ugly you can see it from a mile away that they are fakes. just have a look at girls jeans from instance (7mankind, true religion, rockrepublic,and all the other crap) or also loads of dsquared jeans being faked (all details are right, but denim and wash is crap). the fake ones have all similar washes like these prpses.

prps (at least the current models) has a real distinctive distressing/ wash. so it should be pretty easy to spot the real thing..

i bought a pair for cheap and I think they are fine. i don't care if people who don't own them/have never seen them think they are fake or real. if they are fake they went to a lot of work to make them very, very similar to the real ones. i'm fine with that.

the tag on the bottom of the back pocket isn't flush with the side of the pocket like mine and the stitching looks funny.... i have the selvege prps and maybe some of the details are different between different cuts/washes, but you'd think they'd put the tag in the same spot on all the different cuts available. old or new....and the tag not being wrinkled like mentioned earlier. i think they are fakes...

and what i noticed with fakes is that even the details are all there for the most part and everything, usually fake's aren't the same quality and construction as the real deal. so they might fall apart sooner or fray. watch the buttons, the paint will probly start to chip off quickly rather than fade over time.

Edited by et negative five on Mar 1, 2006 at 11:47 AM

So you don't think there's something wrong with biting off another company's clothing, exact details, even using their tags, and then way undercutting them on the price?

You'd like to give money to these folks?

Not me, thanks.

I don't care if it's cheaper, I want goods that I know the people who made them are hardworkers and good designers - they deserve the credit (and the financial support). Really premium denim (Prps, R&B, 5EP, etc. NOT 7, Citizens, etc.) is a small market, and if you're gonna drop $60 for fakes ones instead of paying full retail (or at least sale price), you're hurting both local/independent retailers and the designers. It probably costs more than $60 per pair to make Prps jeans.

Imagine being the designer, putting in all the best materials and labor you could, then seeing some guy wearing fake ones that cost him less to buy than it costs you to make. I know I'd feel 1) slightly complimented that someone cared enough about having the name of my brand on their asses and 2) really pissed off at the counterfeiters, and the guy who knowingly bought them.

Lastly, you guys who cant look at the wash and see immediately that they're fake, seriously do some research - they're hideous! Prps would never put something out that disgusting. I don't even like Prps but they're shit looks NOTHING like that, that's for sure.

Edited by wild_whiskey on Mar 2, 2006 at 01:46 PM

It's funny, I've previously posted on the authenticity of these jeans (by the same seller too) but having checked out the pics now I'd say they are fake. I also happen to work for an authorized PRPS retailer and having just checked out the authentic jeans in person I would say that this pair looks off overall. Both the fade and color seem off, hang tag is wrong, rear purple tab is off, listed inseam size should be 31 for a sz 30 waist (should be 30x31 not 30x34). I would also bet that judging by previous pics from this seller that the rear leather patch is also off (too light in color). Anyway, compare for yourself this seller is selling an authentic pair:

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Authentic-New-PRPS-Jeans-32-edwin-nudie_W0QQitemZ7747243602QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ok, I found one other detail that is different on the ones in question from all the other PRPS that I have ever seen:

On the pic that shows the tag inside the jeans you can see the back side of one of the rivets. On all PRPS jeans I have the rivet back has a hole in the middle of it while the one pictured is smooth.....

Maybe they are fake.......

I will hopefully be meeting with one of the PRPS executives this coming Monday though, and definitely plan on asking him if they know about this shady pairs on ebay and if they have any info on them. I will keep the 'future posted

Fuck....more shit to buy

All the PRPS jean on ebay are fakes! I couldn't believe it, but in my endevours to find orginals I have ordered 4 pairs from 4 different retailers, and none are authentic, and I had to go through alot to get my money back! I reckon any jeans on there sold under $200 are bootleg. You really do get what you pay for..