Nudie Slim Jim opinon

naturaljax

I've been looking at buying some Slim Jims over the last few weeks but have been trying to make a decision on what wash to get.

It seems like a lot of people opt for the Dry Greycast look, is this strictly because that way you get your own personal wear lines?

I was thinking about getting the Grassgreen or the Indigo Thread Embo, but the Greycast also seems cool because it's more of a project jean than one that's pre-washed for you.

So, is Greycast the way to go? Also, if you have some Slim Jims, how do you like them?

Let me know, thanks.

I been rappin' for about 17 years..

I don't write my stuff anymore,

I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin I can do that.

No disrespect... but that's how I am.

Of the distressed washes, used black is nice. the other washed jeans seemed phony to me.

I very much second the dry blacks, amazing color, nice streaky denim. I got them one size smaller in the waist to ensure better creases, and to account for the stretching factor.

Getsuga Tenshou

Quote:

I've been looking at buying some Slim Jims over the last few weeks but have been trying to make a decision on what wash to get.

It seems like a lot of people opt for the Dry Greycast look, is this strictly because that way you get your own personal wear lines?

I was thinking about getting the Grassgreen or the Indigo Thread Embo, but the Greycast also seems cool because it's more of a project jean than one that's pre-washed for you.

So, is Greycast the way to go? Also, if you have some Slim Jims, how do you like them?

Let me know, thanks.

--- Original message by naturaljax on Feb 27, 2006 03:51 PM

Hi as for me if i am getting a pair of nudie there's high chance of me getting a washed piece too. because of my work which don't allow me to wear my jeans on a daily basis so it wil take me forever to break into one. of course that depends on your personal preference.. if you find that the washed ones are really nice.. go for it!

Well they can also be broken in as in rips and tear.. even more abrasion to create more fade.

Most people here would go for the dry ones, but I must say Grass Green looks DAMN COOL!! They're probably extremely hard to come by though... Let me know if you find some, would love to see some pics!!

I have slim jims in all three dry washes (indigo, black, greycast) and I really like them all. The greycasts are pretty unique as far as dry denim jeans go, and I think they are going to look awesome once they get really broken in. The dry blacks are great and look fantastic at any stage of the break in process. The dry indigos are my newest, and they are soft and a really deep blue. I feel like you would have to get them really tight (like I did) to get a great amount of wear into them, but they are super good looking (not to mention extremeley comfortable) brand new. I haven't seen any of the prewashed versions, but I am predisposed not to think much of them as I have a thing for dry jeans. If you have any questions about the cut, or about the stretching and wear on any of the particular dry models, I'll do my best to help you out.

Tyler

Quote:

I have slim jims in all three dry washes (indigo, black, greycast) and I really like them all. The greycasts are pretty unique as far as dry denim jeans go, and I think they are going to look awesome once they get really broken in. The dry blacks are great and look fantastic at any stage of the break in process. The dry indigos are my newest, and they are soft and a really deep blue. I feel like you would have to get them really tight (like I did) to get a great amount of wear into them, but they are super good looking (not to mention extremeley comfortable) brand new. I haven't seen any of the prewashed versions, but I am predisposed not to think much of them as I have a thing for dry jeans. If you have any questions about the cut, or about the stretching and wear on any of the particular dry models, I'll do my best to help you out.

Tyler

--- Original message by madden on Feb 27, 2006 10:24 PM

http://www.nudiejeans.com/collection/collection.php?section=01%20Slim%20Jim&item=slim_jim-grassgreen.jpg

sorry about the large link, but take a look at that wash. What do you think of that?

I'm interested in getting the greycasts, they seem like a fun project, and I've never really gotten a "project" pair of jeans.

a few questions:

1. Is it true that you aren't supposed to wash them for the first 6 months, and just spot clean with hand soap?

2. How long did it take your greycasts to get fairly broken in?

3. Did you buy your true measurment size? I'm usually a 32x34, is that what I should buy in these as well?

I been rappin' for about 17 years..

I don't write my stuff anymore,

I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin I can do that.

No disrespect... but that's how I am.

naturaljax,

1. nudie does recommend that you wait to wash them until they have recieved a significant amount of wear. six months is a good amount of time but it is not a rule or anything. ive seen jeans that are washed every month develop really great wear and then some people will wait a year before washing.

definately dont spot clean your dry nudies unless you want that spot to be permanant as it will remove indigo as well. there are other ways to keep your unwashed denim fresh. try the thread at the top of the page "dry denim for dummies" or whatever it is.

2. how long it takes all depends on how your wear them. if you wear them tight and starch the crinkles you'll end up with really defined "whiskers". if you wear them looser and just sit around the house you'll get different results. there is no right or wrong way because your jeans are supposed to reflect your lifestyle. keep in mind denim stretches. so i buy my jeans real snug and let them mold to my body.

3. nudie tends to run larger than tagged so i recommend doing a search on the model/fit you want or ask over mynudies.com

but if your going to buy a pre-washed pair the not washing them for months will not do you much good. i would definately go with an unwashed pair although the greycast denim seems to chronically split at the crotch.

edit: as much as i love grass stains on jeans that wash looks kinda forced and unimpressive.

you'd be better off breaking in your own pair and getting em dirty yourself imo.

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Feb 28, 2006 at 02:10 AM

I second that on the spot cleaning...don't do it.

I have only had my greycasts for a month or so....and worn them less than half the days, but I can tell they are on their way to breaking in nicely.

As far as sizing goes...Its hard for me to tell you exactly because all dry jeans stretch but since I bought my first pair of nudies on November first of last year, I have been losing weight like crazy, and as a 32 started out snug for me in November, I just squeezed into a pair of 28s this week, so everything seems big on me besides my new pair of 28s. They do seem to run a bit larger than tagged (my 28s have stretched to about a full 30) so you have to decide how you want to wear the jean. For me, it doesn't get any better than a tight fitting slim jim.

Tyler