ES selvedges... line dry or rigid XX

scoon0224

Unfortunately no blue and orange.

Too bad, I love the old Gulf colours (a dream car of mine is a Carrera RS in the old Gulf scheme)

I've tried on the faded model, and it was all orange I think. But the honeycombs are way off. So I'm ordering a pair myself in 33, since they're basically teh best fitting jeans I've tried on in ages (maybe ever)

Even the Rollo's 'Classic FIt' needs me to go up a waist size to get it just right, so the buckle is perfect to get them to catch just right on the hips. (now to decide if I want to make the dive on Sugarcane Edo Ai 40501's... never having owned a pair of 501's I'm still not sure about the fit... but the colour of the hardwashed example is awesome)

Edited by scoon0224 on Feb 27, 2006 at 11:28 PM

i personally have a pair of the rollos that i bought no more than 2 weeks ago in the pure dry, i washed them once, and they are already starting to have pill and fuzz on the jeans.

i don't really think that the standard denim that es uses is that good, my nudies selvage are much better and i've washed them 3 times and there is no pill or fuzz on the jeans.

my advice is to save the money, es demin at least the pair i got was of lower quality, and this was for a pair of 260 dollar jeans. biggest mistake.

who knows you might get a better batch of es than i got, every designer has a bad run so maybe someone else here got a really good pair of es. all i know is that the es dry is really really overdyed in the pure raw.

meaning, you literally pick them up in one hand and move it on the table or even just put them on in the dressing room, and your hands have a blue tint to them, no joke at all.

so i cold soaked them for 10 minutes to get the excess blue off of them and spin cycle in the washer only and then hang dried, an dthey have a fuzz on them.

so maybe that did it, but its really up to you.

i'm looking at those sugar canes myself also..

I have a pair of the Filson xx dry selvage from ES. I don't think that the denim is low quality at all. I found the quality of the denim to be very nice, but very thin/light. I guess it is personal preferance regarding denim weight. Unfortunately I like a heavier denim.