edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Anyone still subscribed to Mike Snody's youtube channel?

His video titles are getting crazier and crazier.

"Mike Snody / Prison Women Knife Fighting in Underwear / Knifemaker Reality / New Episodes for 2011"

Hell yea, I got a blade coming from Mike as we speak. I love that dude and have a ton of respect for him. Anyone that can remain respectful to someone that is publicly bashing him is cool in my book.

Any recommendations on a cool looking case for pencils/pens and other small art supplies that I can chuck in my bag for easy transport? Don't have a ton of stuff I'll need to carry, maybe 10-12 writing instruments at any given time at the absolute max.

Metal would be a plus, although something like a pelican box could work too.

My girl has been reading the edc thread with me for a little while and decided to pick something up for my tacticoolness!

img0273nq.jpg

I sling it over my shoulder (obv.)

Actually tho, the guy from Three Sisters Forge just told me that he will be shipping my knife out tomorrow. So fast!!! I can't wait. I will post pics asap and probably a video/written review. Holy crap.

Midori_I5100NR_1__85315_std.JPG

http://www.plainruledgraph.com.au/

Whoever talked about that brass case earlier just made my day.

This thing is gorgeous, and I've been looking for something to write in when I'm traveling abroad.

Yeah, I saw that test too. Really, if you're doing that kind of thing with any folding knife, you're doing it wrong.

And sure the moonglow seems "gimmicky" but its a limited forum knife thats meant to be collectible and unique, not just the same production knife. If it wasnt so out there, it wouldnt have the same collectibility. I understand the glow in the dark is cheesy view, but as a forum knife, I'd say it blows a couple of the other forum knives out of the water.

And bern, I thought someone said the FRN was clear because it was a prototype?

Did you see the note-box in blue that was in the first few seconds of the vid? Spyderco redesigned the lock and it is SOLID. Also in that test it failed on back blows to the spine, which has absolutely no real world application.

yeah, i haven't watched it since the "box in blue" was added

obviously knives weren't designed for that kind of treatment

but it is useful to see which knives can take it and which can't

most of my knives are slip joints and i treat all my locking knives as if they didn't have locks, so it is moot, i guess

kind of weird how people beast over locking mechanisms that can stand 300 lbs of pressure - real world situations that would require that are... rare. like if you fell out of a tree and had to stab the trunk to catch yourself? i don't know