denim on the ladies...

z3phyr

okay, here is my suestion... (and i searched too)

i am a girl of regular height, but i have a thicker bottom -- hips & thighs, you get the idea.

and i want a pair of PREMIUM denim jeans.. i rwally like evisu donna, but ive heard theyre more cut for skinny girls.

i generally like a bootcut given that a slim fit makes my hips look wider.

any suggestions on what you guys think look good?

and also... any suggestions on where to shop would be hugely apprecited. as of now, i shop a lot online but trying on jeans ive come to realize is EXTREMELY important

-- boston or nyc area, im in both frequently.

THANKS!!

Edited by z3phyr on Feb 19, 2006 at 07:01 PM

My girlfriend has wide hips and muscular thighs and she really likes Rock and Republic and Paige jeans. Sevens are pretty good for all body types I guess but you might want to stay away from them if you don't like wearing the same thing as everyone else.

Handlethevibe is the new DCFTMC icon_smile_big.gif

as for girl jeans which cater to those with thicker bottoms, I suggest Levi's. they look good, have history and aren't that expensive.

and remember, you may think otherwise, but huge flares on the ankle were never stylish. opt for a more subtle bootcut with smaller flare.

Getsuga Tenshou

I would suggest that you stay away from anything really skinny - boot cuts or straight legged jeans are a much better suggestion - if you are a bit self concious of your hips and thighs go with a slightly higher rise and go with a darker denim - even something with a bit of stretch would be good because it will hug and flare in the right places...

You really need to go to a shop and try them on - you won't know what suits you best until you have the jeans on and you can see it for yourself.

Where are you based? If you are in London go to Selfridges... they used to do this body measuring thing that means you can get the perfect pair of jeans - I'm not sure whether they are still offering it but it might be worth a look.

Quote:

Fergie wore extremely tapered/slim jeans in the "my humps" video, and I had a hard-on for weeks! So, go for it!

--- Original message by Handlethevibe on Feb 20, 2006 10:05 AM

oh god.

that's disgusting.

all i have to say in response is:

pissyferg.jpg

Edited by snugglepony on Feb 21, 2006 at 08:28 PM