Northface Fleece

naturaljax

Quote:
Quote:

That's not how it is, they don't go into a store and say I need a fleece, they go specifically searching for a north face and wont settle for anything but...

Frat kids don't wear levi's because for some reason it isn't the brand of the moment for them.

--- Original message by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Feb 16, 2006 06:13 PM

dude, you make a lot of broad generalizations about people.

--- Original message by poly800rock on Feb 16, 2006 09:10 PM

you seriously don't understand what I'm saying? Look at those pictures. Your telling me they all end all of a sudden have NF Fleeces because they care about functionality? Everyone's self concious like that whether you will admit it or not, and it is just very front and center in some case...

It's hard to belive you are so oblivious, which I don't think you are, so drop the defence of the frat crowd. It doesn't matter what crowd it is... Here on this board there is a bit more respect for quality, functionality and craftsmanship, but this is a fashion board and its the same deal for Stussy or Nike or whatever...

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Edited by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Feb 16, 2006 at 09:30 PM

i'll admit that i have a LOT of north face pieces (i'm from NYC), but i was blown away when i got to college and realized that everyone here had one...we don't have sororities here but i do go to an "elite new england liberal arts college" so everyone here is very FOY (fresh off the yacht). i was considering a new north face shell for winter but went with an arc'teryx theta ar instead so i wouldn't be a clone of every other girl here...managed to find it on sale online for a comparable price to the north face. the workmanship and attention to detail is much, much better that anything north face i own or have seen, it fits very nicely and is very clean looking. i'm really satisfied with it.

edited because i apparently have no idea how to spell.

Edited by dash on Feb 16, 2006 at 09:34 PM

in the third picture posteed, the girl on the far right is horrifying.

This is just another one of those odd fashion trends in which people wear clothes that serve a purpose, but which the people don't do.

i.e.

Trucker hats - worn by non-truckers

I been rappin' for about 17 years..

I don't write my stuff anymore,

I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin I can do that.

No disrespect... but that's how I am.

Quote:

All those girls are ugly, except for maybe one.

--- Original message by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Feb 16, 2006 05:41 PM

thew one in the socind pto wearing blue jacket. she is thick, but shed still probably get it.

seems like every 5 years it comes up.

as for the new durection of the company taking itself - are you refering to all the recent collaborations, and them dipping their toes into the limited edition market of francois degaule?

Quote:

dont forget the uggs

--- Original message by herpsky on Feb 17, 2006 07:03 PM

oh jesus, don't even get me started. The uggs were bad, but now girls are wearing these crazy caveman boots that look like a couple of stuffed maltese hounds, or suede boots with fake fur trim and furry pom-poms hanging off the top. Furry pom-poms! Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Quote:
Quote:

dont forget the uggs

--- Original message by herpsky on Feb 17, 2006 07:03 PM

oh jesus, don't even get me started. The uggs were bad, but now girls are wearing these crazy caveman boots that look like a couple of stuffed maltese hounds, or suede boots with fake fur trim and furry pom-poms hanging off the top. Furry pom-poms! Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

--- Original message by gomi no sensei on Feb 18, 2006 02:54 PM

ahahaha I know exactly what you mean.

fashion is reverting to Neanderthalism.

I been rappin' for about 17 years..

I don't write my stuff anymore,

I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin I can do that.

No disrespect... but that's how I am.

Quote:

i'll admit that i have a LOT of north face pieces (i'm from NYC), but i was blown away when i got to college and realized that everyone here had one...we don't have sororities here but i do go to an "elite new england liberal arts college" so everyone here is very FOY (fresh off the yacht). i was considering a new north face shell for winter but went with an arc'teryx theta ar instead so i wouldn't be a clone of every other girl here...managed to find it on sale online for a comparable price to the north face. the workmanship and attention to detail is much, much better that anything north face i own or have seen, it fits very nicely and is very clean looking. i'm really satisfied with it.

--- Original message by dash on Feb 16, 2006 09:31 PM

thats why you gotta rock the older pieces.

i still have my mountain jacket from sophomore year of highschool.

i too went to a new england college and found every granola rocking one,

but as corny as it sounds, it was reassuring when a student came up to me

and singled me out, asking if i was also from nyc,..based on seeing my mountain jacket.

and to stay on topic,

my windstopper is no longer a windstopper...

i put my fleece through so much hell in highschool.

grimey retarded

Are you joking? North Face has outiftted more expeditions to Mount Everest than ANY other company in world. Paul and Shark and Victorinox are both shit, non functional what-so-ever. I admit NF has strayed a bit from their roots, but their gear is still some of the most cutting edge and technologically advanced in the world.

There are alot of companies that make similar (but generally better) functional, technical outerwear besides north face. North face i think has lost alot of respect in the outdoor enthusiast/backpacker/climbing communities because of the way it seems to be worn by every frat boy and sorority girl nowadays, and now nf tries to cater to this new audience rather than the consumer initially targeted by the brand.

If you want something similar in functionality, but not to be lumped in with the north face crowd, go for mountain hardwear, patagonia (they do ALOT of different fleeces), or arc'teryx (their designs are really good in my opinion - athletic fits and clean, simple, strong lines).

But conversely, i talked about to guy who works for an outdoors gear shop around where im from about this exact same topic, and he said its a good thing because the profits from the Denali fleece basically keep the shop in business and allow them to carry a larger selection of other gear.

Edited by jwied82 on Feb 23, 2006 at 09:00 PM

Edited by jwied82 on Feb 23, 2006 at 09:12 PM

Quote: he said its a good thing because the profits from the Denali fleece basically keep the shop in business and allow them to carry a larger selection of other gear.
that makes sense. i wish i could have some futura / maharishi collab items.

i think im gonna get an idiom polka dot jacket soon

Quote:

i'll admit that i have a LOT of north face pieces (i'm from NYC), but i was blown away when i got to college and realized that everyone here had one...we don't have sororities here but i do go to an "elite new england liberal arts college"

--- Original message by dash on Feb 16, 2006 09:31 PM

Can I ask which college?

Edited by blindlemonjefferson on Mar 2, 2006 at 02:18 AM