The Supreme Search

bornwithit

I have been looking everywhere for somewhere to buy Supreme gear lately. It has something to do with a fascination I have with the "Kids" culture, I'm not an elitist skater nor a japanese teenager. I don't feel comfortable buying from the rakuten sites such as essence and ace web, and I don't live anywhere close to LA or New York. I feel like ebay is my only option, but there is very little to choose from. Is it a possibility that independent skate shops would carry Supreme? Or is it only available at its two U.S. stores?

lord forgive him, he got those dark forces in him

Quote: I have been looking everywhere for somewhere to buy Supreme gear lately. It has something to do with a fascination I have with the "Kids" culture, I'm not an elitist skater nor a japanese teenager. I don't feel comfortable buying from the rakuten sites such as essence and ace web, and I don't live anywhere close to LA or New York. I feel like ebay is my only option, but there is very little to choose from. Is it a possibility that independent skate shops would carry Supreme? Or is it only available at its two U.S. stores?

Word, I feel ya on that "Kids" culture. There's something appealing about not giving a fuck, skateboarding, getting high/drunk...the trife life.

There are Supreme stores in NYC (obviously), LA, and Japan. Several other stores carry their gear, such as Huf, Goodfoot, and other various boutiques. I'm not sure of their entire clientele, but I'm sure others on this board do. Laced in Boston may also carry Supreme.

eBay is an option (as you stated), just make sure what you're getting is the real deal, and don't pay too much.

You can usually get non-box logo related gear for slightly above retail, the only problem is that they are harder to find.

Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado

Quote:

funny, the 'kids' culture really is fascinating, but you'd never see anyone there spending that much for clothes and certainly not buying clothes off ebay.

if you were a kid, you'd be stealing or getting free stuff

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Feb 8, 2006 03:07 PM

funny, the guy's talking about the movie Kids, the supreme x larry clark joints (larry clark being the director of the movie "Kids") Obviously you'll see anyone that is a fan spending that much for clothes and certainly buying clothes off ebay.

if he were a fan of the movie Kids, he'd be buying these shirts, and getting it however he can

Quote:

DCTMFC does have a point though.

He's saying the kids in that movie would never pay big money for Supreme clothes.

They would steal it or get it for free.

I'd say a grown up version of Casper, Telly, etc. is the Irak crew.

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Feb 8, 2006 05:09 PM

well i had the impression he was talking about being a kid, from his last sentence where he says "if you were a kid, you would ...." if i'm wrong sorry dude!

Edited by HeenFung on Feb 8, 2006 at 05:15 PM

Quote:

He's saying the kids in that movie would never pay big money for Supreme clothes.

speaking of casper...

that dude is doin big things...law and order...O.O

Quote:

i was referring to the characters in the movie as eastcoast was smart enough to recognize.

funny, you find poor kids from fucked up homes interesting. and that interest of their care-free lifestyle makes you want to pay $200 for a sweatshirt off ebay.

like i said, those kids would either steal shit or get it for free

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Feb 8, 2006 06:04 PM

what do you have gainst this guys interest in "poor kids from fucked up homes", if he likes, he'll go buy that shirt and rep what interests him

Quote:

What exactly is the Irak crew? some LES hipsters?

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Edited by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Feb 8, 2006 at 07:43 PM

Quote: What exactly is the Irak crew? some LES hipsters?

I guess it depends on how you define hipsters.

Irak NY is a graffiti crew associated with Alife and aNYthing.

Earsnot, Sacer, Kent, Sems, Semen, and Fanta are members. I think there are other people who are down too like Jason Dill.

They're pretty notorious for getting up, stealing shit, and partying. It seems like a such a crazy lifestyle.

I think Redd Foxxworth (from superfuture) is down with them, maybe not, but I get the impression he is.

Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado

I am in LA and am in the Fairfax area about once a week to visit friends. And for the past year (since Supreme LA opened) I have purchased items for friends overseas. They usually hook me up with things from their native land, or the pay for my gas. Make a couple of friends and I am sure getting Supreme will not be a problem. BTW their t-shirts are blah, but their jackets and sweats are really top notch. Backpacks are also quality goods.

-pete

I Live in LA and can probably hook you up, if your that hard up -- but like the other dude said, expect to pay for gas :P

Quote:

speaking of KIDS...

where can I get a copy of that movie.

tried ebay before, no luck.

wait...nevermind. I found em.

icon_smile_blush.gif

Edited by chaos1124 on Feb 8, 2006 at 08:27 PM

--- Original message by chaos1124 on Feb 8, 2006 08:23 PM

chaos, where did you find them?

i'm looking for a copy of that as well. care to let me know?

thanks!

die Kunst ist keine Wissenschaft