Become a SuperMan: Commentary, critique and advise on YOUR style

skecr8r

Haha..

What I meant was that each individual pair doesn't get much use.

Think about it, you have thirty pairs of socks, each one gets used once, so in a month, it gets worn once each. However, say you have five blazers, wear one every day, the frequency of use is much higher.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sc8crer - Good stuff. Im tryin to build my `date outfit.` Im taking that first pic as a model but doing it with dark jeans and trying to find some black sneakers with a white midsole (stussy court force black?).

As for jewelry what do you think about rockin some gold? I saw some gold skull pendants with daggers in the same store they sell number nine at in my area. I was thinking of using it as a necklace pendant and getting a different one to hang on a thin gold wallet chain hanging outta my back pocket.

Everyone used to always say you should stick with silver but what about the gold? Whats your opinion?

--- Original message by MilSpex on Feb 13, 2006 11:28 PM

how about nbhd x adidas superstar 35th and HTM fragment croc AF1? icon_smile_big.gif some visvims will be good actually, like the elk FBTs or MJT. also madfoot mad daaam or mad one.

necklace : how about feather necklace? it has been done in a lot of styles by goro, jam home made and (maybe) chrome hearts...

jeans : there's always fenom 207 or 505-207. the black resonate gdeh raw denim with leather/suede applique on the waistband and backpocket isnt bad either

Edited by hahnstch on Feb 14, 2006 at 08:15 AM

--- Original message by hahnstch on Feb 14, 2006 07:30 AM

speakin of the htm fragment croc af1's....i'd kill for the white ones.

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Feb 14, 2006 04:31 PM

Hanstch I wish I had your budget...Nice recommendations. Yeah for the shoes I was definately thinkin something in black with a white midsole. feather necklace? A little HF 2001 but yeah I like Goros from what Ive seen...

--- Original message by MilSpex on Feb 14, 2006 11:04 PM

hell no, nbhd superstar and fragment af1 are way out of my budget... and i'd rather get FBT than those 2

goro is out of my range also, i'd stick with jam home made

Quote:

skecr8er is the expert, but i'll chime in about milspex. if you are truly on a mission for successful dating, you need to pull the pants up, bro.

--- Original message by giantreptile on Feb 15, 2006 10:37 AM

Haha. Gotcha.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sc8crer - Good stuff. Im tryin to build my `date outfit.` Im taking that first pic as a model but doing it with dark jeans and trying to find some black sneakers with a white midsole (stussy court force black?).

As for jewelry what do you think about rockin some gold? I saw some gold skull pendants with daggers in the same store they sell number nine at in my area. I was thinking of using it as a necklace pendant and getting a different one to hang on a thin gold wallet chain hanging outta my back pocket.

Everyone used to always say you should stick with silver but what about the gold? Whats your opinion?

--- Original message by MilSpex on Feb 13, 2006 11:28 PM

how about nbhd x adidas superstar 35th and HTM fragment croc AF1? icon_smile_big.gif some visvims will be good actually, like the elk FBTs or MJT. also madfoot mad daaam or mad one.

necklace : how about feather necklace? it has been done in a lot of styles by goro, jam home made and (maybe) chrome hearts...

jeans : there's always fenom 207 or 505-207. the black resonate gdeh raw denim with leather/suede applique on the waistband and backpocket isnt bad either

Edited by hahnstch on Feb 14, 2006 at 08:15 AM

--- Original message by hahnstch on Feb 14, 2006 07:30 AM

speakin of the htm fragment croc af1's....i'd kill for the white ones.

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Feb 14, 2006 04:31 PM

fade to black, you want a pair of those?

i can get you a pair, but the price is kinda high though, close to $300.

die Kunst ist keine Wissenschaft

^Carl, like what your doing, I would just change the color scheme a little. I would've gone with an white/cream long sleeve t/sweater underneath. The green in the sweater doesn't match the green in the scarf and the greens in the jacket. A lighter contrasting color underneath would make the scarf stand out more. (I'm a big fan of scarves and like mine to stand out). Last, I would've gone with a pair of all white trainers, again b/c I don't like the way black and green go together.

Or, I would've gone with a white scarf and white shoes. I love the way white and green go together, but they have to play off each other in large doses to really work.

That's just my style. I think your clothing fits well, dope jacket, nice scarf, just don't like how the colors are put together.

I'm so self-conscious...

Carl, that outfit sure looks ordinary. technical windbreaker, what appears to be skate shoes, is like every Joe and Tom ( or Carl ) walking around campuses throughout America.

Sleeker shoes and a rugged military-ish jacket would have done the trick.

Please keep in mind that my personal opinion only.

Getsuga Tenshou

Guest Fade to Black

aw fuck it why not i'll throw the pic i posted in WDYWT a few days ago into the mix...skecr8r you seem like you know what you're talkin bout so i wouldn't mind getting some feedback...

rpmoutfit.jpg

actually there is this other outfit i wanted you to comment on more than this one but i couldn't get a pic up...its one where im wearing DH (issey cardigan, distressed turtleneck, raw denim jeans and german army sneakers) and i wanted to know if i dont look as 'uptight' as i did in the ones i threw up on MSN...lately ive been less self conscious about little tics involving clothing (i.e. before i'd always be checking on certain positions of garments, adjusting my jackets, shirts, pants waist when im goin out at random intervals).

Quote:
Quote:

RastaMan.jpg

Went to the beach today. Left my sneakers in the car.icon_smile_clown.gif

Edited by youwish on Feb 13, 2006 at 07:08 PM

--- Original message by youwish on Feb 13, 2006 07:07 PM

your facial expression is like pissed off.

--- Original message by aitsuka on Feb 14, 2006 12:35 PM

i really thought that was worf from star trek for a second.

adidas sample stuff on the bay now.

DAMN YOU PEOPLE STOP WATCHING AND BID!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Quote:

Dear extreme-supergeek,

while i'm not sure if i am looking for change in my wardrobe, i would be interested in your learned opinion,

haptronic

superman.jpg

--- Original message by haptronic on Feb 8, 2006 11:58 AM

if you had the steel toed boots, it would look like either you'd be headed to a skrewdriver or specials concert...

adidas sample stuff on the bay now.

DAMN YOU PEOPLE STOP WATCHING AND BID!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

I love this thread. And is my name so difficult to spell right? A "ske"="spoon" in danish, cr8r is creator, so put it together and get Spooncreator. Ain't too difficult, no?

MilSpex.

Gold is the thing. I actually wear both a bracelet and a chain, thin and simple of course. It works way better than silver, because gold is actually glitterish, unlike silver which is cold and icy. I think it works best going out, though.

Nair; that works so much better. I really like the way you thug your jeans - it is such a simple thing that says so much about an outfit. And does so much, keep having it like that. Schooly sweater is always stylish; I liked how everything fitted up. A one-colored scarf would really do the trick, keep it long and thin (4-8"). I like that!

Red120. People are so afraid of two things these day: true, distressed clothing and wild hair. To be honest; I like both on you. Rips & tears. You should try to pick up some Ann Demeulemeester, Yohji Yamamoto, Martin Margiela or Comme des Garcons. It's all on eBay, you can get the stuff fairly cheaply, to be honest. The way you look I think you should always wear accesories, like scarves, especially, and jewelry.

Geowu. How can that possibly miss?

Carl, very simple. Very subtle. Maybe add some uniqueness, you wear very casual pieces. You want to stand out a bit more from the crowd; maybe add contrasts instead of blending (which is BAD) and try to make everything more streamlined. Plus.... Green? Fashion P-o-lice. ;-)

Chim. Nice stuff! Like the t-shirt. But I don't like showing your shoelaces. Keep it perfect from top to toe.

Fade2Black. As always with you, incredible items. People care less or more about shoes; I think you should get a really catchy piece of feetcover; probably something from the jappo's, as you tend to like them. I don't want shoelaces on you either. Looks too casual. You keep everything too elementary, add a piece that stands out. Just to make people give you the second look, because most of the people won't be able to make up the difference between your knitwear and H&M.

Weee, done.

DON'T YOU WANNA BE COOL

Guest Fade to Black

thanks for the detailed response, skecr8r...btw here's the pic that I originally wanted you to give me advice/feedback on, if you don't mind giving it another shot it'd be much appreciated:

dhoutfit003_edited.jpg

Quote:

posted this in the now-derailed what are you wearing today thread, how am i doing skec8r?

outfit7jv.jpg

(can you even mess up just a t-shirt and jeans?)

--- Original message by chim on Feb 20, 2006 12:39 PM

dfa 1979 (r.i.p.)

i saw them twice and they fully kicked ass.

oh and sorry for derailing the w.a.y.w.t. thread earlier.

this has its own post, but i thought id let you have a shot at it. ive always been lazy with my hair... never like to get it cut or style it or anything... i actually had dreads for a while because it was easy. now tho im thinking about cutting it. since everyone here is an expert in all things stylish give me some tips.

heres some pics....

118267.jpg

118265.jpg

denim is the new crack

Quote:

Red120. People are so afraid of two things these day: true, distressed clothing and wild hair. To be honest; I like both on you. Rips & tears. You should try to pick up some Ann Demeulemeester, Yohji Yamamoto, Martin Margiela or Comme des Garcons. It's all on eBay, you can get the stuff fairly cheaply, to be honest. The way you look I think you should always wear accesories, like scarves, especially, and jewelry.

Haha, good call, very good.. actually, Comme des Garcons (& all the little spin-offs) is my favourite brand.. not so much to wear, but more for creativity. Had a lot of problems finding genuine articles on eBay though, and I don't want to buy any fakes. The retail mark-up for CDG in the boutiques here is pretty crazy - the CDG x FP polos were going for 200CDN, compared to equivalent of I believe, 120CDN, when I was in London in the summer.

Any suggestions for the jewelry? I won't wear scarves, because of my short neck makes me look like a turtle if I do; I like a lot of jewelry, but always have trouble finding affordable (<200) but also good design.. haha.. all the nice stuff like Chrome Hearts is almost like an investment when you buy it, can only have one or two pieces with the four-digit prices..

Edited by red120 on Feb 24, 2006 at 08:08 AM