Lcd/plasma

Guest umhaha84

I bought my dad a Bravia KDL-46V4100, not bad for 900 bucks. Pretty decent quality, no flashlight or clouding issues. Try finding a samsung ln46a550 for 900.

The samsung LEDs are pretty misleading. They're just LED backlit LCD like current macbooks screens

Guest umhaha84

^ Yeah I have PS3 for a bluray, it's the only reason why I'm trying to upgrade my tv otherwise I'm very satisfied.

I'm trying to purchase it online to avoid tax here in chicago...10.25% or something....fucking rape

from what i've seen.... working in an electronics store... mid range plasma generally has nicer picture and colour than mid range lcd

panasonic plasma have very good coated glass to reduce reflections. and plasma are not as prone to burn in as they once were. plus they're better at representing natural colours

but lcd will last longer, watching any time of the day, they work fine in bright light (dont have to worry about reflections)

but you can get a really good plasma for a lot cheaper than lcd... thats probably what i'd do if i wasnt in debt

sory im sick and tired and illegible

if money isn't a problem, bang & olufsen !

Fixed that.

I'm not really up to speed on the current models and pricing and stuff, so I won't recommend any specific models

But you should let it depend on where you're going to use it. If it 's for the living room, or anywhere with some natural or artificial light, go with an LCD. If you're building a home theater in a room that you can make completely dark, plasma will give you better image...

my LG lcd is amazing for the price. i hear sony and samsung have the best pictures for the money, but in the end of the day it all boils down to this... when your at the store, there are tons of super fucking nice TV's that you cant afford, they make the more normal ones look lame... but once its home, it looks just as good as you need it to. dont compare dicks, just choose whats right for you, and i bet you end up happy. its what happened to me at least.

Plasma, get into those new Panasonic/Samsung models out soon.

Sony Bravias are overpriced but the best picture LCDs out there. Samsung come second.

Give up LG.

Guest umhaha84

My parents own Samsung and LG LCD in korea,

honestly they're both really nice, I dunno why LG is considered cheaper alternative to Samsung, since they cost about the same in korea,,,

btw, what happened to sharp, it was considered best LCD out there

The likely best LCD this year will be Samsung's LED-backlit LCDs. They are hardly an inch in depth, have awesome black levels/contrast, and should have a 240 hz model out next month.

If I had the opportunity to buy an awesome TV right now, which I don't, I'd get one of Mitsubishi's LaserVue DLP TVs. Apparently the color coming out of this thing is beyond anything else out there and, even when toned down to regular levels, battles the Kuro for the best looking television on the market, except that the Kuro is coming off the market.

Ahhh and to whoever said the Kuro will be had for cheap, this is simply untrue. If you have the opportunity to get one now for less than it was before the price went down, get it now. It is going back up as they only have a limited number of them available and demand is still through the roof.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest umhaha84

yeah so far kuros is THE perfect TV set out there,

too bad it was out of my price range,,,even if I could afford it, i'd still buy Samsung LEDs,,(i know it isn't actually LED but still second SEXIEST Tv out there first belongs to B&O)