Stores in Boston

lucense

im from boston and ive been to most of the stores u guys mentioned here...hell.. i just got back from going to those places...

should check out the adidas originals store... they got some stuff if you're in to that... its in harvard square

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw a couple of supreme tees. they didn't have too much apparel yet, but i hope that it will be an indicator of the kinds of brandsto come. there was also some champion sportswear, which i wasn't too interested in, and some other graphic tees/hoodies. i looked at most of the apparel, and it seemed kind of on the expensive side, like around 35-40 for a tee, and i saw a hoodie for 100 dollars, but other than that i don't really remember the other prices.

Edited by lucense on Jan 26, 2006 at 02:41 PM

not familiar with a "supreme box tee." there were supreme shirts that said supreme and then some other word after them, if that at all helps.... don't get too excited, though, they just opened, so the inventory is pretty limited at the moment still. should be great when they get in more stuff, though.

Edited by lucense on Jan 26, 2006 at 08:54 PM

Lucense I must correct you. They did not have Supreme tee's. They had Married To The Mob "Supreme Bitch" tee's. Same supreme logo with bitch added obviously.

I'm very siked on this store, they exclusively (in Boston) carry Lemar & Dauley, as well as Married To The Mob, Lush Life, Mighty Healthy, and a shirts by a dude who matches thems with SB's (forget the name).

Definitely the only store I'll consider for buying shirts in boston.

Chatted with one of the guys for a bit, was really cool. Said they are waiting on shipments for a bunch of stuff so just keep stoping by they should have new shit soon.

I guess most shoppers don't care about this kind of stuff but Karmaloop is mad shitty to their vendors. I had to threaten legal action to get paid for my gear they bought, my boy JoshWisdumb of New Balance fame got ripped on a painting, and I know Johnny Cupcakes had problems too. And those are just the people I know. Anyways, I know most people don't expect shit out of stores anymore but to me it's a big turnoff.

So I see you're affiliated w/ Proletariot. Kickass store. It's always stocked with cool shit and has great music. If you didn't notice, I even mentioned your store in my first post. That sucks about Karmaloop, sorry to hear that

Edited by lucense on Feb 4, 2006 at 01:27 PM

yeah lucense, i own the joint. thanks for the props. knowing people dig what I do is what keeps me going. There's a lot of shit that I could sell and make money on, but I try to keep a certain standard, and I'm glad it gets noticed. And about Karmaloop, you live and learn. They won't be around much longer if they keep doing what they're doing anyway.

Hey Proletariat,

I was in your store just the other day. I'm repping a line (www.jayallen.biz) and left you a summary sheet to see if you were interested in a possible collab. Phone numbers on the sheet, give me a call. You know me. I used to go into your shop all the time - the Asian guy. Bought a red/orange and beige corduroy quilt vest from your store while you weren't in. Wrangler from the late 70's, I'd guess. Really liked your packaging for your limited edition tees, btw. The burlap bag is great.

Everyone else, definitely check out the store. Prices are very reasonable, and the store has a great vibe and a good vintage selection, esp. for Boston.

If you are into Merc, Fred Perry, etc... Hootenany has all that crap. Same place in Harvard Square.

Otherwise, Stel's and Alan Bilzerian are the only places that I personally shop at. Stel's has lots of APC and Rogues Gallery, and brings in cool new brands, including one off DIY stuff. The Tannery (actually, the clothing part is called Concepts) often has decent stuff, especially sneakers. One good thing about Boston is that stuff that blows out of NYC and LA don't even sell here. The Cloak hoodie from F/W/ 2004 was not selling on sale for 50% off (more like 60% off NYC prices) at the Louis sale last year, and Stussy/Vans and Marc Jacobs/Vans stuff just stays on the shelves waiting for sale time, while in NYC and LA, they are bought up first thing...

These days, I either buy mostly online or on trips to LA and NYC.

Edited by LA Guy on Feb 10, 2006 at 12:23 PM

Quote:

I got Ipath's in today. some Aztecs, 1985's, leary's and field's. Come in on Saturday and mention this site and I'll give you 20% off retail. I just started selling skate shoes so I am trying to spread the word.

--- Original message by Proletariat on Feb 9, 2006 03:49 PM

What brand of skate shoes do you have? I might check it out friday/saturday. Whats your address again?

hello again lucense, I do happen to know one of them personally! Just get in touch with them via e-mail, they're really nice people! You find the e-mail adress at their site! As far as I know, they are on their way to expand their business, and might be really happy about your interest!? they are located in berlin...

ok good luck

regards Qrt

erm, this might be late but.. i live in cambridge so i shop in and around the boston area a lot. the tannery sells many premium denim brands, and they have a LOT of stuff for men... i guess if youre into true religion, union (which i personally think are awesome for guys; l just ordered a pair myself -- im a girl).

concepts is the KICKS section of the tannery, but the jeans and clothing i believe is still tannery. and now that spungie isnt there anymore, i can say that everyone that works there is maad cool. and yes, he is the dude that opened laced after he left concepts. after his departure, they renovated all of concepts -- and again, its fabulous. i have nothing but praise for the NEW concepts. dudes are mad cool, great service, and great product. ive heard some people think theyre rude in there, but if you just start talking most of the people there are totally nice.

for kicks, other places i recommend -- expressions downtown. they have mostly general release stuff but they get most jordan joints and other stuff too.

o yea, and Proletariat -- ive been in your store but not when youve been there for quite some time. we talked about paint and stenciling and your silkscreening stuff, i think. in any case, i should come by soon.

any questions about kicks in boston <---- im SO your girl icon_smile_big.gif

Concepts is a lot better these days - they've brought in a lot more than just Nikes - they had the Vans/Stussy collabs and a lot more Adidas stuff, for example, and some of the brands are decent - Oliver Spencer, for example, though a lot of it is still pretty run-of the mill. Terrick is pretty cool too. Tell him that Fok says hi if you go in and he is there (he's the owner).

Great service at concepts...hahahahahaha..who are you fucking kidding. I went in there for the first time a couple weeks ago and the kid working there was completely clueless and lacked any sort of people skills/ knowledge of the product. It was probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Once I finally found someone who worked there (even tho he appeared to have just got back from collecting his food stamps)I asked how much the footpatrol airstabbs were and if they had them in a size 9 or 9.5. He goes uhhhhh...which ones are those, so i proceeded to tell him "the purple ones'. He's like uhhhhh i think theyre 160, he then started to walk away. I asked him do you have a size 9.5. Once again a long uhhhhh..i dont know let me check. Oddly enough I expected him to check out back, but instead he walked away and pulled out his cell phone. Came back a minute later and said nah man we dont got em... I was obviously completely blown off...i cant even explain to you how much of a low life this kid was and how terrible he was at providing customer service. I will never step foot in that store again.

Yeah, Concepts is like that. The crew is somewhat insular. If they know you, and you are down with them, they are really pretty friendly, and will hook you up. It's not like that all around. Some of the people are really professional (Chaka is great if he is in, but he is mainly the buyer and in the office,) and Peter and Rachel in the denim section are pretty professional), but some of the guys in the sneaker department are definitely not the most knowledgeable or, um, well trained. Think of it sort of like the used record store in High Fidelity, except that most of the guys are like the Jack Black character. If you really want something though, PM me with your real email, and we'll go in together sometime after next week (Terrick, who hooks me up best, is in Las Vegas right now.) And yes, the pricing is ambiguous, to say the least. Know your prices when you go in. But if you need Nikes, that is one of the better places to get hooked up in in the Boston area.

yea, id have to agree aboiut the service, i guess it really depends on who you talk to. im in there regular enough that i have built i guess kind of a relationship with some of the staff. but they were always pretty cool to me, hook me up sometimes, so i guess the experience depends person to person.

sorry Texas Mike, I just got your message today. Right now I only carry Ipath. I have a DVS account and a Lakai account but frankly I don't like the selection for their spring collections. I would love to carry other kicks but with concepts on the same black and the Adidas originals store around the way I might have to go with a smaller company. Anyways, the Ipaths are hot and they hold up well, so for now I am content. They have been selling well and the discount is open if you still want to check them out.

the address is 36 JFK street Cambridge, MA 02138 (2nd floor of the garage)

Edited by Proletariat on Feb 19, 2006 at 11:48 PM

hello again I'm not sure of you did receive my answer- here it is again

kindest regards

Qrt

...I do happen to know one of them personally! Just get in touch with them via e-mail, they're really nice people! You find the e-mail adress at their site! As far as I know, they are on their way to expand their business, and might be really happy about your interest!? they are located in berlin...

ok good luck

regards Qrt