T-shirts, Hang or Fold?

DJ_Flame

Roll them. Lay the shirt on its front, fold the sleeves toward you at the seams (so it essentially looks like a sleeveless tshirt), and roll from the top down. This method saves space in your dresser and you won't suffer the creases associated with folding.

Edited by macuser3of5 on Jan 19, 2006 at 08:46 PM

I would definitely recomend folding. Not just for t-shirts, but all knits (polos, sweaters) It's much better for them. Though creasing can be an issue, at least personally, they seem to go away after you wear them a little. Also, make sure you fold them properly. Fold it like they do in stores so you see the middle of the chest, not the sloppy way where you just fold it in half.

As for woven shirts (dress shirts) I'd say hang, it's much easier for them to crease from folding, and the collar isn't very prone to stretching. Also, use good hangers, you may think they're expensive, but directional wood hangars (which simulate the curve in shoulders so the shirt hangs more naturally) can be purchased at Ikea for something close to $3 for eight. Plus since they're directional, all of your hangars/shirts will face the same way (looks good in your closet, and makes it easier to find shit)

By the way, sorry for all the parenthesis

Quote:

http://www.jillsobule.com/media/HowToFoldAShirt.mpg

--- Original message by sarno on Jan 20, 2006 07:24 AM

hahahaha

origami for T-shirts. good stuff

EDIT: I just tried it too and that shit works!

btw I fold sweatshirts and hang jackets.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Edited by MilSpex on Jan 20, 2006 at 09:59 PM

I had watch the other one with a count downto see howfast this method is. I used this method and then roll them because it save space and easy to pull out from the drawer like that.

Mysignature.jpgicon_smile_cool.gif