how to make this shirt work?

allocryptic

wrong attitude. that shirt if fucking dope. all that matters is how you look at it. you have already blown it since you are "soooooooooooooooo over it and above it."

so since you have some bullshit "style" that this goes against there is no cool way for you to rock it.

sorry brodeo.

lol, reminds me of the style I rocked back in 5th grade along w/my bart simpson t-shirts. If u're gonna promote, wear the effin' thing and don't cover it! who cares what kinda jeans or shoes to go w/it. Ppl's eyes will gravitate to that neon-glow in da dark-grave digger tee.

ok: i agree that i'll need to get comfortable wearing it -- wore it out last night just to break it in, & will continue to try it out. i just need to get over my life-long aversion to crazy graphic tees if i want to rock this successfully at all. when i first posted i was quietly freaking out, but wtf am I gonna do about it? just gotta try.

picked up a black-on-black cap -- it definitely works w/ the shirt.

it's not such a bad thing to have your style limits pushed once in a while, i guess.

Quote:

Anyway, why don't you post some suggestions, instead of sitting on your ass and critiquing

I did post a suggestion fucko.........I was one of the first to do so, maybe if you read the post you would have realized that.......and telling someone that another's recommendation is stupid is also a suggestion.

icon_smile.gif

Quote:

"dressy pair of blue jeans" is a complete oxymoron.

if it's for work, i wouldn't even think about it -- sounds like a one-off. who cares? i'd have a sense of humor about it if i were you.

one of my mottos is 'when you go to work, you wear the appropriate uniform'.

--- Original message by levistrauss on Jan 19, 2006 03:03 PM

i can't even believe i'm reading this. especially on this forum. you mean to tell me that a slick pair of high end jeans isn't dressy? have you learned nothing in the few weeks you've been on here?

I say that since its for work go "balls out," your favorite pair of jeans and a hella matching pair of shoes, like this http://www.zappos.com/images/567/7148567/1733-105713-d.jpg and forget what everyone else says, fuck even ignore me if you want.

Quote:

Stop dissing this guy, he obviously has great taste. The original Juicy J skull T-shirt was bought for $275 on EBAY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8340466695&category=15687&sspagename=rvi:1:1v_home

--- Original message by thedonger on Jan 20, 2006 06:36 PM

That would be hilarious if it were real. All the bids are fake.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:
Quote:

"dressy pair of blue jeans" is a complete oxymoron.

if it's for work, i wouldn't even think about it -- sounds like a one-off. who cares? i'd have a sense of humor about it if i were you.

one of my mottos is 'when you go to work, you wear the appropriate uniform'.

--- Original message by levistrauss on Jan 19, 2006 03:03 PM

i can't even believe i'm reading this. especially on this forum. you mean to tell me that a slick pair of high end jeans isn't dressy? have you learned nothing in the few weeks you've been on here?

--- Original message by giantreptile on Jan 20, 2006 02:06 PM

Actually the other man is right. That is an oxymoron...as for high end jeans, any form of distressing still makes it a casual garment, whether it's a $465 pair of Dior or $1000 Undercover, I don't think distressed jeans are suitable for formal occasions. Raw denim is debatable...in that case it's about the cut, and still a lot of raw denim jeans I see just strike me as more suitable for daily streetwear like APC's, LVC, Dior, etc.

I think the one exception I would make to this whole case is the Louis Vuitton raw denims - those are probably the 'dressiest' cut jeans I've ever seen. I can see those being worn with a more formal smoking jacket and shirt, with some expensive custom made leather shoes.

i think what you had planned would be fine and all, but since you are being forced to wear it your dressing along with it trying to make it look good might make it look wack. unless you normally dress... you know, like i guy that might wear that shirt anyhow, know what I mean?

i think im trying to say is that it will probably look like you are trying to hard, when the other dudes that have to wear it are just gonna look like some guy in a weird shirt.

• 5 months later...

does anyone know the origin of this shirt? I have seen it a lot here in Philly, on a lot or urban/hip hop people. It seems like the most white trash shirt print in the world, yet all of these black kids are rocking it.

Also, can anyone reccomend a book or anything that examines urban fashion trends? Or I might have to write one. I am always fascinated by what becomes popular and where it comes from. Such as the current hot item here, denim short pants. Where did long capri pants come from and who said they were cool? They just seem very feminine for an inner city guy to wear. Any help?

LOL everything about this thread cracks me up.. the fashion emergency, the semi-serious advice, and finally the reason for him needing to wear the shirt in the first place

seriously that shirt isnt THAT bad, its not good, but you'll live

What you could do is try to tone it down a little bit by wearing a shear, monotone shirt over it, like white. then from there you can rock some black chucks (the white in the chucks to bring out the white in the eyes of the skulls) or white shoes, whatever, and I guess, maybe a shade of khaki that could go with that green. With the white tee over it'll almost be like those shirts with the print on the inside, yadida mean? And then a cap or bandana around the neck with some of the color of the pants in it, and whatever. getting complicated, but that's my suggestion.