how to make this shirt work?

allocryptic

i'm normally just lurk around here, but i have a rather challenging fashion question. for business reasons too embarrassing to go into here, i'm going to have to wear this shirt in public:

http://www.livewirebilliards.com/fantasy/_Large/31733f.jpg

is there any way to wear this shirt without looking like a complete tool?? this is so far away from my own style, i'm baffled. help me, supertalkers -- my job may depend on it.

wtf.

I agree with levi ... you need to embrace that shirt and make the outfit work. You're gonna look like a herb, if you try to down play it.

First ... buy these shoes (Nike Court Force Jogo Bonito Black/Lime)

http://secure.projecta.com/hufsf/Detail.bok?no=689

Not sure if you're on a budget ... but if your job depends on it ...

Anyway, I'll sleep on it and see if i can come up with a full outfit. You want to look like you picked out the outfit yourself, instead of lost a bet.

I'd just try to wear as if it was one of your normal tshirts...

if you can, i'd rock a long-sleeved white tee underneath it, and then some jeans, but not necessarily dark..a lighter wash would work

it's not that bad as long as you break up the colours of your outfit a little so the focus isn't just on the shirt (hence the white longsleeve tee and the lighter jeans)

i wouldn't try to match shoes or anything - i'd just rock a pair of white kicks.

Guest Fade to Black

hmm after seeing these replies i thought it would be something really unwearable...just saw it, I don't think you necessarily have to tone it down that much. I'd wear it with some medium-light wash distressed blue jeans (I'd go more straight leg or even relaxed fit...the tee seems like a boxier cut, I don't think it'd work with the really slim black pants look), and some white or black sneakers, maybe AF1.

Edited by Fade to Black on Jan 19, 2006 at 06:12 PM

Guest Fade to Black

yeah the presentation of the tee has a lot to do with it...i imagine if this tee was in a kinda dirty white background with same pattern except black skulls and some distressing along collar/hem/sleeves, it could totally pass for a $200 Undercover/Number (N)ine shirt, easy.