Nudie crotch rip

metic

Hey guys,

I know Nudies ripping at the crotch is pretty common, but I got this pair only 2 months ago (2 months exactly, actually) and I've only worn them once or twice a week at most, and most of that is just sitting around (just at uni, mainly)

And the crotch has worn through already (not ripped in some kind of accident or whatever, actually WORN THROUGH)

Would I be completely out of line to return these and demand a refund (in the case of Nudie...store credit)

I've had good experience with nudies, but I paid AU$285 for these, and it takes me a long time to be able to afford shit like that, and they've barely even had use yet the crotch has worn through already. Even my cheaper G-stars and Levis have lasted far longer than this.

They're Grim Tim Light rich blue (pre-washed) for the record

EDIT:

Short of that, if I was to take these somewhere to get repaired, can anyone give me an idea of how much it would cost (I'd rather do this, because I really like the jeans, and they don't stock this wash anymore!), the worn bit isn't very big.

It depends on how you wear them. Nudies and Dior's are the sort of jeans that people wear low. This puts a lot of stress on the crotch and is what causes it to wear through quickly. Despite the fact that Nudie's and Dior's, for example, are the kind of jeans that are gonna be worn low, the retailer, or Nudie, can use that as a kind of scapegoat for getting around crotch blow out. Technically they could say that the crotch wore through because of how you wore them. However, it's worth a go. As for repair, it's easy enough to repair. Whereabouts in Aus are you, I mean I can repair denim, any tailor should be capable of it though.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Yeah, I'm thinking that, I don't think i'd really get anywhere because of the reasons you mentioned. I'm in Melbourne, any tailors you can recommend? I've never stitched a thread or anything like that in my life, so I'd rather leave it in the hands of someone more qualified such as a tailor. Would it be an expensive thing to have done or just like $20?

Yeah, its more whiskers that have worn through, not a big hole yet, just a few smaller "rips", if you will, though they aren't actually ripped, just worn through. Thankfully they aren't in a very visible spot, so they should be fine to repair. If I got it done I'd probably get them to re-inforce the whole crotch of the jeans so I don't have to worry in the future, is that kind of thing do-able?

I basically use the method outlined on the 45rpm site. Here's a link to the denim repair thread which shows this.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=40527&highlight=Denim+Repair

It sounds like your jeans haven't worn through to an actual hole yet, more that some of the warp threads have broken so you should still have the white weft threads. This makes it much easier to do a less visible repair. The 45rpm method uses a patch on the inside of the jeans, so it will definitely reinforce the crotch area. I've done this to a number of my jeans including my Dior's. It's best to get the worn area early before it gets too big, this way it's much easier to do an inconspicuous repair.