Fast Food Appreciation

chronoaug

Say you were gonna construct a typical American/Western bar food menu for Asia, what do you have?

-a few burgers, chicken burger, maybe a falafel burger or a lentil-based veggie burger

-cheesesteaks

-chili (my chili is devastatingly good)

-fries and onion rings (stacked on a pole of course)

-buffalo chicken tenders

-salads with homemade dressings

-good sandwiches

... what else?

breakfast-for-dinner concept always works. starting a business dismal?

T0J with a side of mozzarella sticks sounds tempting

I just came into the thread, and sorry if its already been discussed, but the big carl from carls junior/hardees is unreal. best fast food deal of the year imo.

yes its better than a big mac, no contest

Hardee's and Johnny Rocket's have enlightened the Midwest, if only in a trivial way. People used to think it was the oddest thing leaving the wrapper on my burgers while I ate...til Hardee's started serving that shit up Carl's style.

real wings. none of this "buffalo chicken tenders" business.

Maybe potato skins or nachos.

definitely nachos and possibly potato skins. Our chickens here are tiny though, like the size of pigeons, so chicken wings are a complete joke. I'd be embarrassed to have them on the menu only for the fact that they're like two and a half inches long at best. They're not cheap either, I think places around here charge a dollar a wing and they're no more than 2 slivers of meat per.

whats the beef with buffalo chicken tenders or boneless wings?

i personally hate buffalo wings; the value is retarded for fucking

meat scraps and bones. give me a heaping pile of chicken titty

meat breaded all crispy and doused in the hottest sauce you got

and im going in.

agreed, and plus, I don't like that the whole chicken wing business started as a way to use previously worthless chicken wings, and now they sell those things for the same price as breasts and tenders by weight, since they're all bone. A huge pack of tenders can be cheap and make a bunch of chicken strips, and 5 good-sized tenders can do most people, maybe with a side of fries or something. Do some carrots and celery sticks, some fresh ranch and/or blue cheese, that is a good $10 bar meal anywhere in the world.

100509161400.jpg

angry tendercrisp...made me angry. it was nothing special and priced sorta high. i think i would have been way more satisfied with the tried and true big mac value meal. the mocha joe never disappoints tho.

I don't like that the whole chicken wing business started as a way to use previously worthless chicken wings, and now they sell those things for the same price as breasts and tenders by weight, since they're all bone.

love reading shit like this.

i wanna know the origin on everything that got rebranded to sell for higher prices

oh and asterix

crazy. i just got one too. finished like 10 min ago.

for a second i thought u used my pic but i realized i didnt upload yet

photo-14.jpg

it was eh. i'll stick to my angry whopper

angry whopper > anything sandwich at a fast food joint

Say you were gonna construct a typical American/Western bar food menu for Asia, what do you have?

... what else?

Pile ups are awesome, few places in NM do them. Plate of hashbrowns and bacon, throw some eggs, green chile, cheese on top, serve with tortillas.

Best served drunk.

What about a hot link?

Yeah I like In n Out as a burger (and even then, it's not best status) but I don't like fries cut from fresh much either. McDonalds really does own the fry.

-a few burgers, chicken burger, maybe a falafel burger or a lentil-based veggie burger

-cheesesteaks

-chili (my chili is devastatingly good)

-fries and onion rings (stacked on a pole of course)

-buffalo chicken tenders

-salads with homemade dressings

-good sandwiches

... what else?

There are two Five Guys each of them are at least 20-30 minutes away from me, but I make whatever excuse I can to go. I've been getting the hot dogs lately rather than the burgers for a change of pace. Always seasoned fries though.

angry tendercrisp...made me angry. it was nothing special and priced sorta high. i think i would have been way more satisfied with the tried and true big mac value meal. the mocha joe never disappoints tho.

I was so disappointed in this the first time I tried it too, and I'm a big Angry Whopper advocate.

Then, I asked if I could get a tengergrill patty in place of the fried chicken. It's not a push button, but after some convincing/sad faces from me, they just yelled to the guys in the back and charged me for the angry tendercrisp.

The angry whopped works because of the play between the spicy parts, the sweetness of the sauce, and the charbroiled parts. It makes no sense to make an Angry Tendercrisp and not an Angry Tendergrill.

I would like to just remind everybody that this is the "Fast Food" thread, not the "insane over the top food" thread.

I do appreciate the insight and photos, just want to keep everybody on track.

Who's down to do a serious Bay Area fast food meet-up?

I want to try that pepperoni, mozzarella stick, cheeseburger from Red Robin.

I'm def down for this, alway wannna eat fast food. Who cares that when i sit i needa undo the top button on my SExDB :o

pragmatics that post was so beautiful i wanted to cry

gonna get

"The angry whopped works because of the play between the spicy parts, the sweetness of the sauce, and the charbroiled parts. It makes no sense to make an Angry Tendercrisp and not an Angry Tendergrill."

tattoo'd in didot on my chest :(

I'm taking a motorcycle ride to Red Robin with some others in thirty minutes to fuck up a Wise Guy burger.

Wish us luck.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/09/mozzarella-stick-topped-wise-guy-burger-from-red-robin.html

20090923-redrobin.jpg

Ok.. so it's actually decent for a Red Robin burger, but that's not saying much in the grand scheme of burgers. It tasted more like a sloppy joe due to the red sauce they used but the mozzarella sticks were fucking good on there.

Here's what mine looked like, reminds me of the Hieroglyphics logo.

My Wise Guy Burger:

10062009127.jpg

Hieroglyphics Logo:

Hieroglyphics-01-big.jpg

I literally try everything at Taco Bell. As garbage as it may be, that shit is addicting.

Picked up my brother, passed by and did a double take at:

1008091432.jpg

Apparently, it's first day of release. The pic of the real thing apparently was deleted off my phone, oddly. Dah well. It was alright, the usual Taco Bell new item of the season concept. Tasted like it had fire sauce already on it with sour cream, I guess? NOTHING will replace the Crunchwrap Supreme tho. It should be a food group all its own.

crunchy-tacowebjpeg.jpg

+

barack_obama.jpg

=

2i03kop.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone in the San Bernadino/Riverside area should sojourn to Rancho for Chef Tim's, on the corner of Haven and Lemon. Best burgers and soulfood I've found in the IE. Five dolla get you burger, fries, and a drink between 12 and 3.

p.s. chicken and waffles ohmygod

this intrigues me. im in riverside... and i only get chicken and waffles at roscoes....so pretty much only when i head out to la.