Amsterdam clubs

southbanana

i realized i only post in the trash lately so i came out to the jetset to see whats up and see the XXX thread... always ready to share...

i think the lidseplien is ok, but not for me or anyone whos not on bad E or something... drunk jerks and tourists mostly, although the afore mentioned paradiso and melkweg are great spots if the show is right. check out the schedule online and see whats up..

if you want a chill night out just go to the bitterzoet, or you can go to club 8... there is stuff out there, but im too stoned to write the same post again and again... just do a ams search and tiss and me have more or less broke it down before... any other questions just pm.

enjoy, dont whitey and stay diamond.

there are two places i'd recommend for techno in amsterdam. studio 80 (on rembrandt plein), while not too big a place, the music and sound system are incredible. another good club is flex bar (near the westergasfabriek). a bit on the periphery of the city but you've got tram lines running there and cabs waiting outside. i've had great times at both places. check their agendas for the dates you're going to be there.

paradiso is cool but only when bands are playing there. it is a great concert venue but doesn't work well as a dance hall in my opinion. melkweg is also cool, but like any place it depends who is spinning that night.

A new club/restaurant was launched just last week by the crew who ran 11, which sadly closed its doors last year. It's located in an abandoned newspaper printer/hq and it's called Trouw (like the newspaper). I suggest you check it out before the building is demolished/overhauled in 2011. The food is probably just as mediocre as it was in 11 - sorry Jaymz!

3319262362_6df034f95c.jpg

3319261710_fd600972d4.jpg

3319262362_6df034f95c.jpg

3318434673_2b2b399fc4.jpg

3318434851_a3b6db276c.jpg

3319262886_581b1f9947.jpg

3318435381_c647bf6bfc.jpg

3319260858_c92cb7f0ae.jpg

3318614735_6b728d2541.jpg

Info and line-up: http://www.trouwamsterdam.nl/

A new club/restaurant was launched just last week by the crew who ran 11, which sadly closed its doors last year. It's located in an abandoned newspaper printer/hq and it's called Trouw (like the newspaper). I suggest you check it out before the building is demolished/overhauled in 2011. The food is probably just as mediocre as it was in 11 - sorry Jaymz!

Yeah, I'm also from Amsterdam.

Have you been there yet? How was it?

• 2 weeks later...
went to check it out last night with friends.

and.. as much as i really like the space, i didn't like the music.

it was just too 'soft' for my liking. maybe some other nights.

oh and the stairs aren't very stilettos friendly :P

What's your definition of "soft"?

And, is Koninginnedag worth it?

And, is Koninginnedag worth it?

Worth what? Flying all the way from Sydney to be apart of it? Probably not. Have a look around when you're in the city anyway? Definitely.

Critics (usually locals) will tell you that the Koninginnedag has long lost its appeal and that it's now no more than a national open-air gathering of drunk retards dressing up in orange and acting out. This may be true to some extent, but I disagree that Qday can't be fun. Luckily all the retards tend to stick together. So, if you know which areas to go and which to avoid, you can still have a blast. Pick one or two venues to party the night in advance and do all your exploration on Koninginnedag itself before the river of people starts pouring in from Central Station. When the city starts getting crowded from around 15:00 onwards, make sure you've reached a spot where you can chill and spend the rest of the day. It's all about knowing where to go and what to do and then ending up somewhere you didn't even know about in the first place.

Thanks for the info. I'd be coming from Paris, so the travel isn't a problem. When I say worth it, I mean is it a shit show of tourists or can one enjoy their self, even if they are a tourist, without being in the clusterfuck of tourists. From what you said it's definitely possible, just gotta plan it out the right way. What are some spots you recommend setting up at to spend the later part of the day?

What's your definition of "soft"?

well I'm kinda bad with music categorization but it's just sort of minimal and chill. not my cuppa tea. especially for dancing. and i did gave it another try the next night but the music was still pretty much the same.

maybe it got to do with the temporary permit they have now for the first 4 weeks? not sure.

and they also close at 3am (again, due to the temp permit). so, all and all, with a 12-euros entrance fee, i'm definitely not coming back anytime soon. ;)

Thanks for the info. I'd be coming from Paris, so the travel isn't a problem. When I say worth it, I mean is it a shit show of tourists or can one enjoy their self, even if they are a tourist, without being in the clusterfuck of tourists. From what you said it's definitely possible, just gotta plan it out the right way. What are some spots you recommend setting up at to spend the later part of the day?

You can definitely have a great time, especially as a tourist. If anything I'd say it's the perfect opportunity to mingle. Locals will be eager to fill you in on the local customs on this day. I suggest you pick some parties and pinpoint them on a map and stick around wherever the vibe is good. Check this post for general pointers. I can recommend you some specific spots/parties next week if you want (be sure to remind me).

• 1 month later...

Sure!

Bep, Lux, Weber, Waldorf, ARC, Kingfisher, MiNiBar, Proust, Finch, Canvas, Lab 111, Wolvenstraat, Lofel & Burke, Blackboard Canteen, Momo, P.King, Le Patron Anonyme, Open, Door 74, Stanislavski, De Duivel, Prik, 18Twintig, Diep, Offize, Kamer 401, Herrie, Sake&Co.

The only bar I know that you've listed is Weber, but last time I was there Guus Meeuwis and all of his friends were there. That kinda sucked. I'm just looking for a place were they serve fingerfood til late and play alternative music (indie, surf, rocknroll, neojazz etc.). Okay I'm going to Google some of your recommendations, thanks man.

That's the good thing about Weber - if the crowd sucks, just move nextdoor to Lux or Kamer 401.

Anyway, your search filter yielded the following results: Waldorf, Proust, Finch, Canvas, Lab 111, Wolvenstraat, Lofel & Burke, P.King, Le Patrone Anonyme, Diep, Offize.

Your musical preferences are a bit specific, so you'll have to rely on luck and the mood of the staff/DJ to get lucky. Or just hit up De Nieuwe Anita, Bitterzoet or an occasional evening at Sugar Factory, although they all charge an entrance fee.

Oh shit, I can't believe I forgot to mention Struik.

Happy hunting!