Rag & Bone FW 09

__CB__

When the images first came out, I gave it a look and didn't think too much of it; thought it was good to see them trying something else out. But now that I'm giving it a second glance, I realize how awful it is and the complete lack of coherence. The "ninja pants", as they called them, look sort of cool, but then you think about how they would really fit on you and with your other clothes and you realize how awkward they are.

My problems also with some of the cutting on the jackets. It's not so much Rag & Bone goes sleek and futuristic as Rag & Bone channels unsightly proportions from the 80s and redresses with unflattering geometric forms. Oy vey.

The "ninja pants", as they called them, look sort of cool, but then you think about how they would really fit on you and with your other clothes and you realize how awkward they are.

True - those ninja pants probably wouldn't fit within the wardrobe of the average Rag & Bone customer.... I think the label is lacking a clear aesthetic in general; seems like they didn't fully embrace the futuristic / Japanese theme in this collection, so it's like a weird mish mash of old R&B and new.

Bit of a shame, but I still think there'll be a few things worth picking up once in stores.

I hate all of this except one coat, but the stupid flower detail ruined even that.

00150m.jpg

This? It's just an accessory though, right? (surely not sewn on?)

Stupid if it is, I liked this coat too. Although having seen the outerwear prices for SS09, I'm guessing it could be around a grand. Far too much to drop on R&B.