Vintage clothing experts - Insight needed

Shorty Long

That dotted wabash fabric is rare as hell. I saw a jacket in the same fabric but black instead of indigo(even rarer) in a vintage shop in Harajuku for $1000 or so.

However I don't see how the shirt is worth $7000 even in this condition. Must be an important piece for the buyer. Heller made overalls in the same fabric together with Warehouse.

Funny - I had that jacket in my watch list! I think it was a confluence of bidders. Train-aficionados were watching it because of the train connection, and vintage collectors were watching it also.

Generally speaking, price goes up a LOT when there is a mixture of multiple types of collectors bidding on something. For example, a model train with mickey mouse branding will get both Disney collectors and train collectors and hence get more bidders than just a regular antique model train...

don't forget the textile collectors who go nuts for turn of the century stifel calico and wabash stripes. these shirts do turn up but this is in amazing condition for its age which I am sure interested Larry from Heller's who seems to go after already incredibly rare vintage pieces in deadstock or minty condition. amazing shirt that i am sure a exact repro of will end up as a future Heller's Cafe/Warehouse piece.

Funny - I had that jacket in my watch list! I think it was a confluence of bidders. Train-aficionados were watching it because of the train connection, and vintage collectors were watching it also.

Generally speaking, price goes up a LOT when there is a mixture of multiple types of collectors bidding on something. For example, a model train with mickey mouse branding will get both Disney collectors and train collectors and hence get more bidders than just a regular antique model train...

don't forget the textile collectors who go nuts for turn of the century stifel calico and wabash stripes. these shirts do turn up but this is in amazing condition for its age which I am sure interested Larry from Heller's who seems to go after already incredibly rare vintage pieces in deadstock or minty condition. amazing shirt that i am sure a exact repro of will end up as a future Heller's Cafe/Warehouse piece.

yep - it's a super rare design piece that will most likely be repro'd by HC/W. obviously $7000 was a steep price even for HC since his other stifel pieces are now up for sale...

obviously i hate it when i see e......i as a bidder....