Anybody rockin grills?

big balla

I'm not talking gas or charcoal, Im talking about some paul wall shit. What do you guys think about them?

Normally, I'm not a fan of hip hop fashion, but seeing these grills on rapper's mouths makes me want one.

Take a look at paul wall. The guy looks so fucking ridiculous when he smiles, that it actually becomes fantastic.

Or how about chad johnson. Not only does he have the best TD celebrations, but he gets to take off his helmet in front of the tv cameras and show off the gold grills. Awesome.

I dont think i could pull it off, but i would like to see it out there more often in the public. I dont understand my fascination, perhaps its the inner toddler in me being amused by the nice and shiny.

Maybe some of you guys should give it a try and incorprate it in your steez.

Edited by big balla on Jan 3, 2006 at 03:08 AM

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Berget__

I really love seeing rappers with iced out grills. I probably would look super ridiculous wearing one seeing I'm a white guy with long hair and not a very hip-hop clothing. But I am seriously thinking about something like this http://www.triplexgoldteeth.com/169.htm if i have extra money and dont need to spend it on jeans.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Rob the jewelry store tell 'em "Make me a grill!"

I think they are lame and a poor excuse to flaunt one's wealth... Just a waist of money all together.

Guest Berget__
Quote:

Rob the jewelry store tell 'em "Make me a grill!"

I think they are lame and a poor excuse to flaunt one's wealth... Just a waist of money all together.

--- Original message by rnrswitch on Jan 3, 2006 02:22 PM

You could say the same about almost any piece of jewelry.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

And i will say the same about any piece of jewelry. Jewelry for the most part, aside from utilitarian uses, has its origins, in anglo society, of separating those who have and those who have not. It is slightly different in native american and aboriginal cultures, but has much the same purposes in native african cultures of promoting a hierarchy.

is it possible to degrade tooth jewelry, or ANY type of jewelry, on a website tath celebrates spending too much on jeans, and all clothes in general

pretty much brand name anything, especially luxuary brand name anything is an attempt to flaunt wealth

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

Quote:

grill.jpg

there's no way i would rock them everyday. you look absolutely retarded. good for partying. i wish i got bottoms instead. that website is way expensive. you want to get them made in person. the place i went was like $60/tooth.

--- Original message by werdtoyourmoms on Jan 3, 2006 03:19 PM

Haha, dope shit. I've always wanted to get a gold grill just cause it reminded me of 90's fashion and hip hop.

Where'd you get that made? You in NYC by any chance?

Nomasloco - Do you know the name of the spot in Chinatown?

The kid with the most knoweldge

Will touch and attain top dollas

Edited by notesee on Jan 6, 2006 at 08:15 PM

I got a set for christmas from my brothers 6top 6bottom white gold with diamondcuts in them. They are cut so they are much brighter when light hits them. It is so over the top. Ill try and get a pic up soon. I havent had one taken with them in so far that I care to share. They look pretty good, $200 for top and bottom straight from a South Atlanta flea market. I wear them totally for jokes and you should hear the questions people ask. Most commonly, ''Is that permament?'' Or why do you have tin foil on your teeth. LOL, its white gold bitches lol

Edited by sorted on Jan 6, 2006 at 08:54 PM

Quote:

I got a set for christmas from my brothers 6top 6bottom white gold with diamondcuts in them. They are cut so they are much brighter when light hits them. It is so over the top. Ill try and get a pic up soon. I havent had one taken with them in so far that I care to share. They look pretty good, $200 for top and bottom straight from a South Atlanta flea market. I wear them totally for jokes and you should hear the questions people ask. Most commonly, ''Is that permament?'' Or why do you have tin foil on your teeth. LOL, its white gold bitches lol

Edited by sorted on Jan 6, 2006 at 08:54 PM

--- Original message by sorted on Jan 6, 2006 08:42 PM

thats an expensive joke

The last time I remember wanting a set it was '96 or so, back then there were plenty of spots selling them in NYC. If you were around to see when Wu was first rockin fangs back in '94 (like in the "No hooks" vid) they looked grimey as hell and that was the appeal. Bottoms in white gold with tracks & diamond cuts were the way to go, but the gold outlines with white gold tracks & cuts looked good too. The appeal IMO I think died when the trend left NY and dudes like Master P & co started rocking full gold fronts. Still though, watch the video for "twinz" and when the close up of Pun spitting "dead in the middle of little Italy" comes on I dare you to say they still don't look bad as fuck.