Cleaning Leather

Said_One

Whats up superdenim. First of all I'm putting this thread in this section because I did a search and apparently people in this section know something about leather.

I have a Varsity jacket with cow leather sleeves and pocket details which has become somewhat dirty and needs cleaning. I've searched around the internet and really couldn't find a solid answer on how to go about it... Thought saddle soap would've been the answer but after some searching found out it isn't the best option after all. I have a couple of pics showing what's up, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

He's right, if it doesn't come out with a damp rag and some gentle scrubbing, then you'll have to use a cleaner--saddle soap is soap made specifically for cleaning leather, so use that. Let the leather dry completely, just let it hang for a day or two. This will remove the dirt, but it will also remove the oils that make the leather supple and pliable. That's where the leather conditioner comes in.

Or you could just get some white polish and cover it up, but that's like painting over rust.