Good stores in DC/MD?

Handlethevibe

sports zone-g-town(seamless af1s, ltd. edt. reeboks,etc.

shop gentei-b-more(exclusive u.s. retailer for alot of japanese indepedndent brands etc.

commonwealth-frederick( bapestas,lemar and dauley, upper playground

barneys co-op-chevy chase(rogan,rogue gallery,marc jacobs,jb classics, feit, ltd. nikes

commonwealth from norfolk Va is trying to get a sopt over here as well somee time in the next two years hopefully

i discovered a new shop today

its a little sneaker shop in the back of smash in g-town they opened a few weeks ago and sell some good sneakers like MIKE chucks,college dunks, japan only nikes, ice creams (unfortunately), and bapestas including a few MarvelXBapestas

all at pretty good prices also since the place is so small hes only got about twenty shoes on the racks

but he sells more online at dcsole.com

As already mentioned, the recently opened Gentei in Baltimore is a MUST

1010 Morton St Baltimore

http://www.shopgentei.com/

Social Study in Frederick (201 N Market) was also mentioned, between them and Pitcrew (207 North Market Street a skate shop with a good collection of skate shoes as well as skate/snowboarding clothes) it's worth the drive.

For the most part DC/VA/MD isn't that good clothes-wise unless you're into the BS Urban Outfitters lame printed tee shirts with running shoes look, the most exclusive Nikes are either with skate shops or sneaker shops in certain urban pockets of Baltimore. Besides periodic trips to NYC, the best move is to have connections in HK and Japan if overseas clothing is your thing IMO.

Edited by The Badgeman on Dec 28, 2005 at 07:23 AM

denim bar in pentagon row (south arlington/crystal city) is best place i've ever shopped for jeans. very attentive staff. they care just about every denim line you can imagine along with t's and stuff from grail, velvet, etc

if you don't feel like driving to frederick to hit pitcrew, check out elite boardshop in fair oaks mall in fairfax. they're definitely a premier nike sb retailer, sign up for mailing list at www.eliteboardshop.com for information about releases. i got some nice 25th anniversary stussy gear there too.

i've never seen or heard of any consignment sneaker shops in the area

also denim is a great place and sells great brands except for prps and they dont carry julian but someof their staff is a bit too pretencious even the owner

and yeah shop gentei is probably the best store in the area for sneakers or clothing btw theyre having a sale this week trying to empty the store before they close down for a month or so to change themes

Denim Bar doesn't have Levi's yet. I think the LVCs hit Denim Bar in February, Mauro's sure he's getting the Capital E's (Premium Replacement) then. I was in there getting my RRDS fixed and picked up a pair of Rescues for a quick break-in.

Almost forgot... they've got Greycast RRs for substantially less than the RRDS.

-Trapped

Edited by TrappedInDC on Dec 29, 2005 at 09:01 AM

BTW, you those who weren't aware, Barney's Co-op just opened in Chevy Chase Plaza. They have everything every other one has - Nudie, Rouges Gallery, Wash, Rogan, Nice Collective. Prices are on par w. all Co-ops. They have a sale going on right now but it is not nearly as encompassing as the one in NYC right now.

Quote: dont get your hopes up about dc sole it's just an alright store

and i think denim bar is cheaper compared to the suggested selling price for a few brands including APC

150 at DB compared to 190 at apc.fr

Mauro or whatever denimbar dude's name is said, on styleforum.net, that all his apc stock is only $120 until they sell out of it.