Small BAPE-collection in BAPE-stores?

Fstar TT

First of all: I don't wanna start up (again) the discussion if A Bathing Ape is still hot or not or whatever, either you (still) like it or you don't.

My question:

Recently I went to Tokyo and visited the main Bathing Ape Stores*. To my suprise they all had a very small collection in store, more or less the same few items in every store (which unfortunetly I didn't really like). In the catalogue and on the website BAPE shows a much bigger collection - autumn/winter 2005 (such as leather jackets etc.).

Is there anyone who can tell me what this is all about?

Are all the best items already sold out? Do they sell a few new items every month? Are there limited editions that are only sold in hard to find stores or on particular dates? Are there other (hidden) shops that are only known to people who know every little alley in Tokyo? They do have mail-ordering, so are some items only available by mail ordering?....????

Who KNOWS?

(Fortunetly I found some other shops that also sold Bathing Ape items which I did like, so I still got me a few nice souvenirs straight from Tokyo. But I'm still curious to know why the main stores displayed just a very small part of their whole collection)

* Busy Work Shop, Harajuku / Bapexclusive, Aoyama / Bapy, Aoyama / Baby Milo Store

F*CKING WHATEVER

yeah they only put the collections out a few pieces at a time. Sometimes if you`re lucky and go on the right day a popular item will be put out again later in the season after it already sold out the first time. When Ape was popular in Japan it was more blatant. Sometimes they wouldnt sell you shit that was on display if they didnt like you.

Save the red camo, shark hoodies etc which sell out in a morning, these days they almost suck your dick trying to get you to buy something.

Some of the more limited stuff is only sold at Bapexclusive in Aoyama but its no secret.

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote:

yeah they only put the collections out a few pieces at a time. Sometimes if you`re lucky and go on the right day a popular item will be put out again later in the season after it already sold out the first time. When Ape was popular in Japan it was more blatant. Sometimes they wouldnt sell you shit that was on display if they didnt like you.

Save the red camo, shark hoodies etc which sell out in a morning, these days they almost suck your dick trying to get you to buy something.

Some of the more limited stuff is only sold at Bapexclusive in Aoyama but its no secret.

--- Original message by MilSpex on Nov 23, 2005 05:09 AM

I thought so. A little disappointing though, because the collection in store wasn't that exiting and the stores were almost empty...

I've bought a few BAPE items over the years (London, NYC) and even though I've to agree that nowadays BAPE is a little overexposed in some parts of the world, now that I went to Tokyo I just wanted to bring back a few items from 'the source' Tokyo/Japan. In The Netherlands still hardly anybody knows about it or wears it, so here it's still a quite unknown brand between the mainstream brands.

F*CKING WHATEVER

The way Bape works is: They got a bunch of stuff. Sell it all the next day. Sell small stuff for a month, then get another shipment which then becomes sold out the next day and so forth.

Don't expect to get anything you want unless you get it put aside for you or want to wait in line for 2 blocks

Quote:

The way Bape works is: They got a bunch of stuff. Sell it all the next day. Sell small stuff for a month, then get another shipment which then becomes sold out the next day and so forth.

Don't expect to get anything you want unless you get it put aside for you or want to wait in line for 2 blocks

--- Original message by Marcus on Nov 23, 2005 03:46 PM

If you like Bapes or not, you must admit Nigo has pretty good business skills

F*CKING WHATEVER