OHHH SHIT. THIS YOU TOO?>

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

A BUNCH OF "COOL" ASIANS RUN THE SNEAKER GAME.. (ON THE DESIGN END)

A BUNCH OF SUPER POOR SKINNY ASIANS RUN THE SNEAKER GAME.. (ON THE PRODUCTION END)

A BUNCH OF RICH WHITE PEOPLE RUN THE SNEAKER GAME.. (ON THE SELLING END)

A BUNCH OF CHUBBY ASIAN KIDS RUN THE SNEAKER GAME.. (ON THE BUYING/COLLECTING END)

COOL..

HOPE YOU GET IT LATER

... really i'd argue that many sneakercollectors ... as far as recently ... are definately compensating for something ...

i've seen my share of kids into the "scene" ...

let's not deny it ... there are a few fly muthafuckers who really don't need shoes to compensate for whatever shortcomings they have ... it's just something they're into ... shit even in regards to say ... jordans ... it's much more of a cultural thing than it is any sort of psychosis.

however ...

in terms of what i see on a near daily basis ... the kids which many characterize as "newjacks" ... or what have you ... definately have a crutch of sorts.

now let's not make fun of them ...

but be honest ...

subtract whatever said shoe of the time is from a kid's feet ...

and you get dungeons and dragons dice games.

i'm not trying to just lash out at them through this ... or be on this "fuck hype" tip that seems to be ever so popular ...

but really there are few differences between camping out for an xbox 360 or a pair of dunks.

me personally have been on a few ranges of varied "nerd" interests ...

as a kid i obsessed over comic books ...

toys ...

star wars ...

etc.

i've seen the mindset ... it's past "i sorta like shit" ... it's ... "i'm all about shit" ...

i'm no stranger to looking into things with a much more sharp eye ... and often do reach a sort of status in where i am very knowledgeable about whatever said interests i associate with ...

it's just my nature.

and on that sort of perspective of it ...

these kids are getting a chance to be "cool" and "belong"

heads know this shit ... people often try and relate to each other through scene characteristics ...

for example ...

you know that muthafucker in front of the latest star wars release camping out a few days early for the first showing is into star wars ... the kid is wearing a stormtrooper uniform ... or armed with some sort of toy lightsaber ...

on that tip ...

any said kid who is so fanatic about star wars instantly recognizes that heads are down ... and they share that common interest ... and brotherhood.

it's just that it's far more fashionable to at least wear sneakers ... which are a socially accepted piece of our world ... in terms of being status ... and also in conveying one's "scene".

sneakers ... well ... it's not much different.

you know kids are with that scene when they're rockin whatever said "big" shoe is ...

it's pretty damn easy to point them out in a crowd ...

visually it is the material proof of the shoe itself that they are "down" ... that they share common experiances ... be it ebay ... shoe trading ... camping out in line ... overpaying far above retail ...

just to belong.

i feel bad for them ... in a sorts because if i were in my far more awkward days ... i'd probably be catagorized as one of them ... in some shape or another ...

but damn they're trying ...

and really i could give a fuck.

Interesting subject...

Maybe some overweight sneakerheads do it so you'll look at their feet instead of their gut.

Also, maybe more sneakerheads could lose weight if BAPE (or whoever) made a RUNNING shoe.

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

Pretty interesting topic, i can kinda relate, like when i go back to my home town and see people who were cooler than me in school i inwardly laugh at the fact they are wearing french connection jeans etc and trainers made my people like gola and dunlop. Totally juvenile i know!...