123 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• Ps3
    • Xbox 360

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirating movies and uploading them onto a PS3 to watch on your TV is seriously the greatest thing ever.

do you actually have to u/l them into the ps3's hard drive?

on a 360 you can stream video thru windows media center extender. i can browse all my media directories on my pc and play my files right after a d/l. fucking love that feature. my only qualm is that i can no longer use vlc.

here's how to set up the extender:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/windowsmediacenter.htm?WT.svl=nav

choose your OS on the right. this only works if you have vista or xp media center.

Personally, the only FPS that i was slightly interested in was gears.. and I didnt even like the first one much.. I like FPS's too, but i usually play COD all the time. But imo I think gow and halo are the only two games that are really pushing the 360 right now..

360 is slowly starting to incorporate more rpgs into their library because microsoft realized that Japan was hatin on em.. But truthfully speaking, I think the PS3 will slowly catch up whereas the 360 will be on a slowdown after gears is released..

Personally' date=' the only FPS that i was slightly interested in was gears.. and I didnt even like the first one much.. I like FPS because i play COD all the time, but imo I think gow and halo are the only two games that are really pushing the 360 right now..

360 is slowly starting to incorporate more rpgs into their library because microsoft realized that Japan was hatin on em.. But truthfully speaking, I think the PS3 will slowly catch up whereas the 360 will be on a slowdown after gears is released..[/quote']I played Halo3 for a year. I got completely bored of it. I played it really competitively though. That's the only reason why I stuck with it. I have been playing Halo 2 again for a bit, and am going to until Gears comes out and then maybe Call Of Duty.

The only RPG's I have ever been interested in are MMO's.

i got the xbox elite and feel like its going to show me that red light of doom someday and that kinda blows to me. part of me wishes that i got the ps3, but i also feel there is a reason i did not want one before i hopped in to the grass is greener side of life.

i am really psyched to hear how endwar is, looks like a lot of fun, but mostly i have been stuck on COD4. all other FPS's just dont cut it to me now. Need more games to try, we should start a game recommendation thread.

I've read the majority of the thread. There is a sentiment I have not yet seen expressed.

I've been playing games since c64 and NES. I don't play nearly as much by this age, of course, but what I've experienced by now is game style burnout.

I own a Wii and bought all the big name stuff for it, yet couldn't get into Zelda, couldn't finish Metroid, bored of Mario Kart rapidly, etc. I've just played too many Zelda's, I couldn't find the interest. This was the 3rd FPS Metroid in the series. When I got solidly stuck at about 66% through, I just couldn't find the motivation to go on. This is the 3rd Kart? And I played the GC version for like 2 years. The Wii version is just not significantly different.

I've played god knows how many games on PC and a ridiculous number of those have been FPS's. So I choose to buy a PS3 when I decided to phase everything else out and just focus on one system.

Why? Because it feels to me Xbox lives closer to a PC portbucket than a stand alone console. I don't need more PC games. Again, the genres are just dead for me.

While I got very little bang for my buck when I first got a PS3 as I found I couldn't stand MGS and Devil May Cry, games like Wipeout HD, Eden, and Super Stardust HD are giving me a good time (sick how those are downloadable? how goofy is that). Ratchet and Clank was a ton of fun. I'll play Fallout and Resistance 2 with limited interest and will eagerly await the release of some jRPG's to provide me a somewhat new gameplay experience.

A PS3, to me, represents console flavored adult games. I'm jaded to PC styled games, which Xbox is strong at, and I'm lost on how to enjoy my Wii, which is disappointing.

Hopefully I'll sell all this crap in a couple years. Since I've found SuFu, I have found it to be more entertaining than games these days, which is equally disturbing.

I wrote this because I imagine there is an audience here which is older, has disposable income, has played games for 20 years, and may not yet have found the answer to why their Wii isn't as captivating as they thought it might be.