need help with paypal - will give 15%

vee_kung

i just lost my credit card recently and i need to make an urgent payment on ebay but the seller only excepting paypal so i need help from someone who to help me out....

so here's the thing... i send money to the person through western union with extra 20% (15% for the person and 5% for paypal fee) and the person send money back to me through paypal...

contact me if you're willing to help [email protected]

thanks

Be careful people.

I don't know anything about this particular seller, but I know that people online who suggest Western Union transfers are almost all scammers. In fact, the Western Union website says that their service is not for sending money to people you don't know, and that it shouldn't be used for online sales.

Again, this guy might be telling the truth, but if you're considering his offer then be careful. Don't send paypal money until you have CASH in your hand, not just the Western Union certificate, which can be easily forged.

For more information on Western Union scams see:

http://scams.flipshark.com/westernunion.html

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

http://www.westernunion.com/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&countryCode=US&languageCode=en&pagename=fraudIndex&pid=fraud00014

hey jiomitori...

i'm not gonna take your comment as an offense because i have good intention... of course i'm willing to send money out first, it's even risky for me but i don't have any other way to do this because the seller that i'm dealing with on ebay doesn't accept another other type payment so here i am doing it the hard way... i don't like doing it this way either but the auction end today so yeah... anyway still need help quick!!!!

So, you are willing to send someone money via Western Union, and then WAIT until they receive the Western Union certificate AND cash it successfully BEFORE they send you money via Paypal? Any situation where the other person sends you money via Paypal before they have actual cash seems dubious.

If you are willing to wait until the Western Union certificate is cashed, how could that possibly be faster than getting another credit card? Besides, why can't you get a friend to help?

EDIT: I am wrong even at this level of cautiousness. See posts below...

So, you are willing to send someone money via Western Union, and then WAIT until they receive the Western Union certificate AND cash it successfully BEFORE they send you money via Paypal? Any situation where the other person sends you money via Paypal before they have actual cash seems dubious.

If you are willing to wait until the Western Union certificate is cashed, how could that possibly be faster than getting another credit card? Besides, why can't you get a friend to help?

It's worse than that. You can cash it, but W.U. takes your information, and it usually takes them a week or longer to find the fraud. By then you've Paypaled the money, and you're fucked when they collect on your fraudulent deposit.

You're right.

According to http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/176/RipOff0176882.htm

"Here's how the scam works for those who don't know. Scammer usually looks for sellers on Ebay or other private party sources. Scammer will send you a fake money order usually larger then the amount owed. Then the scammer will instruct you to cash the money order and take what is owed to you and maybe some for your time and send the rest back via another money order or Western Union. The scammer may contact you, pressuring you to hurry up or make you feel guilty that you are trying to rip him/her off (that's make sure you send the money before the bank calls you.. so you can quickly complete his request. Now that you have completed your part, the scammer receives the money, the stuff he purchased and skips town. A few weeks later you get a call from your bank with bad news…..they money order is no good. Now the scammer has skipped town and you are left owing the bank the money and possibly threaten with charges if the bank does not recover their money. I can assure you, life will suck from then on."

I'm glad to know this now. Basically, anyone who helps this poster is at risk, unless they, say, wait for weeks, maybe months after they get the money, hoping they won't get a call from Western Union that says the certificate was fake. It's not worth it the risk, and I don't think this post belongs on supermarket.