Do you hem your raw denim?

Tarmac

I got some raw denim which is 34"length. I have been wearing them like this and it looks okay but realistically they are probably 2" too long. I dont normally cuff jeans even if they have Sell-vage.

They are sanforized so they will probably shrink about an inch? But who knows for sure. I don't plan to wash them for 6-months or a year (dont worry, this is the bay area, I wont be sweating in them).

So, do you guys normally hem these before you wash them? Or would you wait?

I would guess that if I hemmed them 1.5 inches and then they shrank another inch after that, they would still look fine. But if they shrank too much I may be f*cked.

btw these are APC Anglaise

Edited by Tarmac on Nov 8, 2005 at 12:21 PM

Quote:

read whats written before you WRITE,....

i said to NOT hem them BEFORE washing,.. which is what he asked,...i didnt say they would fuck up after

fuck you people are right cock heads who cant even bloody READ properly

--- Original message by WhiteTrashAnth on Nov 8, 2005 12:36 PM

yeah... almost as bad as those who feel the need to curse at people over the internet, and those who can't spell

try using your brain, it's what it's there for, and if you're not going to contribute anything to this forum that is making sense, don't post and don't waste people's time, and if that doesn't work get anger-management

''I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm/i'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb/I am the world's forgotten boy/The one who searches and destroys''...James Jewel Osterberg

Quote:

this isnt a tax return form,.. plus some words which i spell are spelt different to the spastic language you call american?

fucking invalids

getting on somones back about spelling is only done when they have fuck all else to say that has any relevence and are jeleous cunts

bunch of loosers

--- Original message by WhiteTrashAnth on Nov 8, 2005 12:47 PM

ok... you can misspell all you want... but youre still an asshole... or in a language you may understand... a bloody dick

I hemmed them at JUST the right length. They were originally like 35", I hemmed them to 33.5", and they shrunk to like 31.5". Honestly I wouldn't mind another half inch (or even 1 inch) in length. But they're fine now. However, I feel like I was "skirting the line) so with my Nudies (which are 34 length too) I'm just going to cuff them until I wash them.

Quote:

this isnt a tax return form,.. plus some words which i spell are spelt different to the spastic language you call american?

fucking invalids

getting on somones back about spelling is only done when they have fuck all else to say that has any relevence and are jeleous cunts

bunch of loosers

--- Original message by WhiteTrashAnth on Nov 8, 2005 12:47 PM

wtf is your problem? you're just pathetic...

Edited by Kwing on Nov 8, 2005 at 01:06 PM

Quote:

I have hemmed my Nudie RR Salvage to the exact length before washing.....

can anyone give me an idea of how much this model shrinks in the length in their experience?

I thought I had read that you can stretch the leg length back when wet???

S

--- Original message by sam79london on Nov 8, 2005 02:14 PM

it shrinks 1" or thereabouts.

Stretching the length is difficult. It's definitely not as easy as pulling it when it's wet. If you want, hang them with a weight attached or something when they're wet for half an hour and they will stretch back out again

IF YOU alter RAW denim before the shrinkage stage ESPECIALLY before even wearing them before the stretching stage of wearing them in,... OF COURSE yourl fuck up the shape of the hem,.. for sure

look kids,.. you can ALLL gang up like little pussy geek boys all you like ,.. but er...i think there are more important things in life than wanking over DRY denim or in most of your cases,... your keyboards

sad,sad, cunts if ONE of you had a decent enough response id reply to you individually,.. but seen as im RIGHT in this topic,.. and you lot seemingly a arse licking twats you diserve each other in your own little twatish, fetish on all things special edition/japanese/raw and blue and costs like a trillion quid, which has no real design or thought aspect other than the fact they KNOW how to cane mugs like you lot out of you;'re hard worked lira (in some cases clearly)

so yeh,...all i have to say on the matter

Sorry but WHY would it make a difference if you re-hemmed it BEFORE washing. It hasn't been washed yet, the denim is completely fresh, and you are just moving the hem up 2 inches. Sorry I don't understand your logic.

WhiteTrashAnth you are officially the most ignorant prick on SuperFuture. Congratulations.

Now that that's taken care of... Hemming your RAW denim before you wash them wont hurt a thing. Just remember to hem them 1.5-2 inches longer than you would like them to be after washing, just to be safe.

Your hem won’t be fucked up or misshaped after a wash as long as you hem them correctly. And anyplace that fucks up a simple hem wouldn't be in business very long anyway...

It’s better than dragging your shit on the ground all day anyway. Trust me, the asphalt will hem your jeans FOR you if you let them drag.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

it wont make ANY difference UNTIL you wash it,... of course which was you're original question,..!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!????? cause ONCE YOU wash it,.. the thread has too much SLACK if you want to you it is so many words, as the denim has NOT yet shrunk into proper shape

i think yourl find that most jeans in the factories are stitched AFTER the washing process

actually this is a fucking fact,.. idont even know why im arguing here i thought jeans were you lots LIFES,... you dont even know a simple fact like this...

fukin nora not you ( original poster the rest of these pricks)

king of cocks lol.

white trash I think you are 180 degrees wrong. Every maker washes after hemming so you can see natural wear around the stitching. It looks bizarre if you can't see the wear.

Edited by Tarmac on Nov 8, 2005 at 06:46 PM

sad,sad, cunts if ONE of you had a decent enough response id reply to you individually,.. but seen as im RIGHT in this topic,.. and you lot seemingly a arse licking twats you diserve each other in your own little twatish, fetish on all things special edition/japanese/raw and blue and costs like a trillion quid, which has no real design or thought aspect other than the fact they KNOW how to cane mugs like you lot out of you;'re hard worked lira (in some cases clearly)

you're the one wearing dior jeans heaheaheaheaoaiheaheoieaehe

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Back on subject! I just got my new SugarCane jeans hemmed (after cold soaking them). I told the lady to make them a couple inches longer than where the hem "should" be. I got them back... and she didn't do that. They are kinda perfect, maybe a little to short, but if they shrink at all... it will be bad.

So yeah, moral of story, be careful about hemming.