catnip.

denimdestroyedmylife

catnip anyone?

i haven't yet. one of my cats does, but the other, no effect on him. i happened upon a long thread about it elsewhere, searched here and found no dedicated thread.

To the contrary Mr. Hicks, we know exactly why cats behave the way they do when exposed to Catnip: When cats sense the bruised leaves or stems of catnip, they may roll over it, paw at it, chew it, lick it, leap about and purr, often salivating copiously. Some cats will also growl and meow. The cause is that Catnip contains nepetalactone, a terpene. Nepetalactone can be extracted from catnip using steam distillation. Cats detect it through their olfactory epithelium. At the olfactory epithelium, the nepetalactone is hypothesized to bind to one or more olfactory receptors where it mimics a cat pheromone, such as the hypothetical feline facial pheromone or the cat urine odorant MMB.

We are researching it's effect on humans and all we've been getting is positive results so far. 1 out of 10 men is immune to the euphoric mime, you must be that one. So to answer your question "HungryGuy": Yes; A human can get high by smoking, injecting and inhaling catnip and a liquid nepta extract.

Our research of the effects of catnip will soon venture over to avid Marijuana smokers to see if it has any effect on a person of that type. Our research is Cancer patients mainly, some of our test subjects are familiar with Marijuana and say the effects are similar, but not quite on the money. Catnip is a hopeful for the replacement of medical Marijuana.

there are two bags of catnip on my coffee table right now.