Yes or No topic: Are you seriously thinking about voting Mccain?

Sayword

Seriously, Mccain? AND Palin? For reals?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Seriously, Mccain? AND Palin? For reals?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^you sir are correct. for better or worse, tax-incentivized corporations create jobs, not presidents.

I'm not gonna lie I'm a single issue voter. I don't give a fuck about Iraq, so long as the military remains in command and not congress. I don't give a fuck about gays. Or abortion. Or retards. Or DUIs in 1986. Or black vs white. Or male vs. female. Or old vs. young.... don't care.

I just can't vote for anybody looking to raise corporate taxes in america and increase protectionist tarriffs under the pretense of "creating jobs". Thats some bass ackwards shit right there.

Democrats are a flawed political party.

Republicans are a crime syndicate masquerading as a political party.

Bush campaigned as a moderate in 2000, as McCain is campaigning as a "maverick" in 2008.

But I knew Bush wouldn't be a moderate and he wasn't. You can't loot and rape the entire nation for the benefit of the top 1/10th of 1% without also using wedge issues to keep the rest of the population from sticking your head on a pike. So you use fear (the gift of 9/11), homosexuality, religion, abortion, guns, etc to splinter the people and keep them from noticing they're being raped, hard.

After these last 8 years anyone thinking of voting for any Republican is literally the same as a battered spouse going back to her husband. Insanity.

^don't want to speak for him, but historically, jobs are created when corps have the tax incentives to spend/hire. a president has very little power over the job market, and aside from military overspending and foreign lending/borrowing, very little economic control in general.

I'll vote for any black candidate that isn't Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, especially if they aren't ashamed to admit they've done drugs. (0)

i bet the fact that he's half white and grew up in hawaii really makes black people relate to him better, haha.

Really? Best show of all time?

really?

dude, its gotta be up there

-2nd longest running show of all time (2nd to simpsons)

-Hundreds of guest voices including: Brad Pitt, Tom Petty, Brittany Murphy, Snoop Dogg, WIllie Nelson, etc.

-Backhanded and subtle jokes about the South and the Right

This show is def. the most underrated show. Not necessarily underrated, but maybe not on alot of people's radars, which is sad because the appeal of King of the HIll is pretty universal

Ive never had one person watch KOTH with me and end up disliking it

I'm not an expert in US history, but can anyone confirm that it was democratic party that supported slavery back in the old days, and republicians opposed them in this. right or wrong?

the parties were a lot different in the 1800's

and yeah lincoln was republican but again, things were so different back then that it doesn't really mean the same thing anymore.

^don't want to speak for him, but historically, jobs are created when corps have the tax incentives to spend/hire. a president has very little power over the job market, and aside from military overspending and foreign lending/borrowing, very little economic control in general.

that's historically. current tax incentives can serve as financial backing for corporations to outsource their workforce to third world countries, or increase profits by reducing jobs. . .correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think there's anything written into these incentives that require a corporation to ensure its workforce remains domestic, or any other caveats that would necessarily lead to employment within the US (this is very similar to current Canadian corporate tax breaks...)

I personally don't buy the "Let's give the corporations some more money and hope they give some back to us" strategy.

thats like giving the bully your lunch money and hoping he buys you a sandwich instead of kicking your ass.

They got huge tax cuts in the last 8 years and they paid us back by moving jobs to india, china etc. what makes you think suddenly they are going to start humanizing.

well this is a topic i'm definitely no expert on. and the "economy" is a huge and complex system on which the president alone has little impact.

but right now, corporations only answer to shareholders, with profit as the only motive (not necessarily a bad thing), but without any regulation or oversight. so regardless of tax incentives, the overwhelming profit motive has encouraged companies to outsource our jobs, close down our production facilities, eliminate our pensions, reduce our benefits, decimate our environment, etc. The reason is that we honestly can't compete with the low labor costs, etc of china and india and so forth. that's why we need tariffs. and labor unions.

i know unions are corrupt. i know prices will go up. but does anyone remember the 1950's etc. when a man could have a blue collar job and still have a pension and benefits and a house and a stay at home wife and 2 kids and a car and a retirement? now look around you. that is a distant memory. when i go to the grocery store it makes me sad to see old ass people sacking groceries when they should be at home enjoying their retirement. we all work our asses off and barely make it, with very few exceptions.

i'm not a democrat or a republican. i'd like to boot all of them out and start over. but the republican party of today is the party of big business. period. end of story. but they have brilliantly presented themselves as the party of family values (but they cut healthcare benefits, education funding, and equal rights legislation, and unions) the party of religion (anyone remember separation of church and state? constitutional rights to freedom of worship?) the party of patriotism (but they charge us into an illegal and unjust war, extend the tours of duty for the soldiers, send them to poorly funded and operated military hospitals, then cut their benefits when they get home) or the party of the economy (but the middle class is shrinking, the distance between the haves and the have nots is increasing, all our jobs and industry are being exported. but the cost of living is increasing, there are fewer benefits being offered, fewer pensions, retirements are threatened, personal income is down across the board except for the top 2-3%. and de-regulation has left our financial markets in ruins.)

this is all the result of republican policy. no serious democratic legislation has been passed since the new deal. reaganomics is a failure for everyone but the elite. trickle down economics does not work at the big business level.

yet still many americans continue to vote against their own best interest because of ridiculous emotional non-issue bullshit like pro-life legislation, anti-gay marriage shit, abstinence only education, and creationism taught in schools, and other stupid fucking meaningless shit that has no real impact on anything.

I'm not an expert in US history, but can anyone confirm that it was democratic party that supported slavery back in the old days, and republicians opposed them in this. right or wrong?

its not as simple as the democrats became republicians and republicians became democrats but i think the switch happened sometime during FDR..its been awhile since i've been in a history class and my memory is horrible :x

I personally don't buy the "Let's give the corporations some more money and hope they give some back to us" strategy.

thats like giving the bully your lunch money and hoping he buys you a sandwich instead of kicking your ass.

They got huge tax cuts in the last 8 years and they paid us back by moving jobs to india, china etc. what makes you think suddenly they are going to start humanizing.

trickle down theory

one of bush's many bright ideas

we can already see how history is going to remember him

2867621935_7f92fd333b.jpg

trickle down theory

one of bush's many bright ideas

we can already see how history is going to remember him

well trickle down should work in theory

if you were running a business and werent turning much of a profit, you would either pass the losses to end consumers or lay off people.

and ~90% of tax revenue comes from the top 1% (me thinks)

"you must spread some reputation around before giving it to cjbreed again"

wootah - if 90% of the tax revenue comes from that 1%, where does that 90% go to? does it go back to the 1%? back into the military industry?

also, suggesting that things work in "theory" is pretty much by definition a failing argument

well, lincoln was a republican

good job taking historical context into consideration.

republicans were closer to the traditional definition of Liberals at that moment in history. Sorry to negate your point, but it was historically inaccurate.