Sign in to follow this  
Handlethevibe

Good shoes to wear with straight leg jeans?

Quote: re: I rock FC's with the tounge out. And I'm fly like sky.

^

No you're not (IMO)!

Slip-ons period...

Ooo... I'ma have to go re-evaluate my whole shit...

Slip-ons are just as weak as Dunks now a days. Plus no laces make your feet look like boats.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

I'm a sneaker guy, so...

New Balance 1300/996/any of their slimmer runners

Adidas Jabbars

Adidas Sambas

Nike Air Max 1s

Nike Spiridons

Nike Dunk Highs

Puma Suedes

Desert Treks

Wallabees

Quote:
Quote: Nike Dunk Highs

icon_smile_sleepy.gif

--- Original message by Handlethevibe on Nov 2, 2005 05:36 PM

I just bought my first pair of Dunks - the white/purple high tops and I absolutely fucking love them. Dunks aren't so bad so long as they have simple colorways.

Those are awsome, except for the Vans logo on the bottom back of the shoe...

Edited by 134 on Nov 2, 2005 at 07:31 PM

I may be out of line here, but all the previous posts have been sneakers. My favs are

Red Wing 875 boots

Red Wing Logger Boots

Camper polentas

Italian Loafers

im amazed that no one mentioned stan smiths yet.......or maybe no one likes to wear them wiht straihgt jeans? i find them pretty clean and nice with jeans...............also yeah i vouch for wallabees as well

Stan Smiths

Pretty much any Vans' originals, sk8 higs, chukkas, slip-ons

Jack Purcell, and notice im leaving out chucks, because i dont like them personally

Superstars, still a very dope shoe and it always brings back memories

and beat-up all white AF1s. i know it sounds stupid, but a beat-up pair of Forces looks really good.

^^^^^^

i feel you on beat up af1s.........but ONLY if they are beat up in terms of creasings, when they are so aged and beat up to the pt where the white midsole turns pissy yellow and uncleanable then thats when you need a new pair in your rotation.

Quote:

double identity kicks for straight leg or tapered are sick but good luck finding them.

--- Original message by MSTRKRFT on Nov 2, 2005 12:23 PM

Was planning on grabbing those in black. DID makes some nice gear.

nice panthers rmx BTW.

Chukkas.. definitely.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

re: Ooo... I'ma have to go re-evaluate my whole shit...

^

You should (IMO)

re: Slip-ons are just as weak as Dunks now a days. Plus no laces make your feet look like boats.

^

Unfortunately true at the moment (fact)

The Jabbar Hi is a good call. make sure they fit right. Nothing worse than some Herb running around with creases all in his shit (folded up toe beds etc) because he doesn't know how to properly wear shoes. especially with slim/straight jeans. Sneakers in general are played out right now though. LCD fashion move at this point in time.

-Dub

Creases occur naturally with wear. My Jabbars are creased to hell and they fit absolutely perfectly. I, for one, like to actually wear my shoes. Not wobbling around like a duck looking like a damn idiot trying to preserve my sneakers.

LOL at your comment about sneakers being played out. That's like saying jeans are played out. They're FUCKING SNEAKERS.

Quote:

Creases occur naturally with wear. My Jabbars are creased to hell and they fit absolutely perfectly. I, for one, like to actually wear my shoes. Not wobbling around like a duck looking like a damn idiot trying to preserve my sneakers.

LOL at your comment about sneakers being played out. That's like saying jeans are played out. They're FUCKING SNEAKERS.

--- Original message by Dangydang on Nov 3, 2005 10:31 AM

QFT!

ask a cassowary

those new vans are dope, i actually saw them on some european websites like a month ago. Theres also a black suede/denim sk8 hi which is sick. Also cant wait to see the new syndicate stuff.....heard the sk8 hi's are crazy good. Damn I got too many vans...think im gonna have to go with some white chucks.

Personally, im a chuck/jack/van man but i also have these white canvas fred perry shoes that look awesome with jeans.

Also, been meaning to grab a pair of stan smiths but they are so hard to find out here aye.

Also, is anyone else like me and think that havainanas (sp?) look awesome with jeans when cuffed? But, then again i guess they kind of suit the climate here in Australia.

fbcjnc.jpg

"Meow.....Bitches" icon_smile_cool.gif