Definitive answers to shrink your Shrink to Fit 501 Jeans. Please post your pics.

Sauce

Breakfasteatre: I think your jeans will look good after you wash them. You will get some good creases and fade marks, but the premium denim will just hold their color better over time.

For those of you that don't want to spend much money and want a more fitting jean with denim similar to the 501 STF you should check out the 517 rigid. I think the denim is sanforized also. so you won't have to worry about shrinkage too much.

I would agree with the 517 recommendation if you were buying them 2-3 years ago, or if you could get some deadstock from a couple of years back . . however the most recent versions are very crappy in my opinion . . . the construction and fit has gone to shit since they moved production outside US (at least for the 517s) . . . they stopped using a felled seam and so now both seams feel "looser" and the fit has become significantly more baggy. my 2 cents.

stf's are cool but i dont wear mine to get contrasting and fading, its just damn near impossible to keep them nice after washing....they are a perfect dry denim....but thats about it imo......ill stick with my apc's and nudies for aging purposes....shit just looks better after time

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net