where "food will not spoil"

has a UV filter coating...

nevertheless, this house apparently has everything

http://www.i-domehouse.com/index.html

examples of dome houses

http://www.i-domehouse.com/case.html

heres a link to a video on youtube

intwestinnnnng, very interesting

I think everything is gross EXCEPT the homes in the photo, wtf is up with that wall.

wudnt wanna see them after about 2 months weather though

monolithic dome houses have been being created for awhile now...i think concrete has been used...they've proven to be very sturdy and weather resistant as well as low on energy

please explain how styrofoam is environmentally friendly...

i love the domes...but those windows are unsightly...they looked like they were ripped from any other suburban home...

"lots of cool benefits, but that doesn't save it from the fact its ugly and would be a huge eyesore in most communities."

just the way you perceive it...u just aren't used to them...i think the dome is beautiful...

and if the whole community was domes they wouldn't look that out of place

Oh, I'm not saying that domes can't be beautiful, but the ones linked i find awful. There has been lots of successful application and of course its my opinion, I'm not forcing it on anyone. Pairing styrofoam with stone and wood? Clash of materials. As I said, there's lots of great ideas behind the house, but aesthetically, I think this particular dome is lacking.

And if the whole community consisted of domes, it would be boring community full of ugly styrofoam housing.

I think everything is gross EXCEPT the homes in the photo, wtf is up with that wall.

wudnt wanna see them after about 2 months weather though

yeah....i agree, unless if it was very very well decorated and designed, than id maybe live in a house like that, other than that, i wouldnt

however though i guess many people do like them, they apparently have villages in japan now that have about 400 dome houses...