Has Supreme taken a hit??

soundune

Yo, I'm all the way out on the upper left coast so I'm NOT going to act like I know, but I do have a good friend out on Strong Island plus my cous' lives in Manhatten. Anyway, I heard through the online grapevine that the new Supreme 'old school polo rip' line that came out in Sept. has gotten some heads heated. Has making imitation early nineties Polo gear really caused a "supreme sucks" movement in NYC>

NYC cats fill a brother in

It's because all of the kids who were super into skating 5-6-7 years ago are now 18-22, where they have huge amounts of disposable income, and still want to maintain the identity they crafted for themselves, and yet step above the average bam element tee and baggy pants from zoomies.

supreme filled that gap for a number of kids.

I still rock skater-based style, it's been a part of my life since I was 12, i'm now 24.. while all my tastes have changed, and everything about me is different from when I was 12, I STILL skate, and still participate in that culture/environment, and identify with them. Supreme makes clothes with "us" in mind.

honestly I just rock loose bootcuts and slim fit no-logo tees... so i'm really not that cool..

but I am wearing supreme dunks, the red highs.. that i got for free, so that kinda counts, right?

dctmfc, why don't you fuck off, mate. It's too bad that on a website like this where people come to ask questions and gather information (how else do you form your OWN opinion) that there are inevitably haters like yourself who get a kick out of berating people on a personal note. Why don't you step the fuck off, I know if I was the thread mediator your ass would be long gone.

Stop fucking "electronically following" me around and find a hobby or something, you stupid shit.

Quote:

just wondering... when did supreme become a huge fashon thing? untill i came to sf i thought it was just a skateshop.

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Oct 28, 2005 07:02 AM

exactly what I've been wondering...I got out of skating around 10 years ago and it was just a cool skateshop started by the real guys ( i think? ), now people on here are all obsessive about their gear, I'm like wtf? The whole idea of it doesn't fall in line with the skateboarding philosophy that I remember, but maybe that died a long time ago.

yo, dctmfc. I see your point with the logo tees and what not, but finding Supreme t's (other than logo ones) fresh is no big mystery. They come with some good graphics, pictures, puns etc. That raekwon t was dope because it was so unusual and the big print was great....Kate Moss, come on, you can't deny the appeal, Some One talked is clever. People have to get passed the fact that most people DON'T find everything with a Supreme tag, or Bape tag or Recon tag, etc. appealing. I pick and choose much like most other people. I only spend money on shit I find appealing for personal reasons not because it's hyped.

But in the same vein, you can't discount the fact that one factor many people use when choosing an image is whether or not they'll seem different or exclusive. That's just as much of an appeal for some as the color of the shirt or the type of fabric. You can't hate on someone for wanting to look unique and the main customer of Supreme, Bape, etc. are cats that WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT from the main stream. so don't hate

dctmfc, not to beat a dead horse, but you really need to stop insulting other people that come on this site asking questions. you've been on here for the longest time asking dumbass questions and getting ripped on immediately. I find it incredibly hilarious that you would insult someone for forming their opinions based on other peoples thoughts when your new holier than streetwear persona hasd been entirely cultivated by a year of gauging other peoples responses to your lame ass investigations into everything u didnt know shit about before u got on this site. hypocrite.

Dam stop whining they his opinions let him say it, besides this word "streetwear" is soooo lame, you guys act like its some kind of movement or revolution. You guys think your on some sort of fashion jihad that you must defend all your companies and opinions jus cause one guy is blurting out watever is on his mind at the moment ...its ridiculous. dctm is always able to spark the nerd side of everyone on this board its fukin great!!!!

Quote:

soundune, how about you form your own opinions and stop buying gear [fake or not] based on e-pinions.

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Oct 28, 2005 09:21 AM

LOOK WHOS TALKING.

YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO HATE. PERIOD.

Fucker...

Actin' bad like a kid at Six Flags...

alot respect to supreme for making quality goods. i dont owned any supreme gear but i do respect alot of their outerwear pieces they come up with every year. i think they are going to be around for a long time and may one day be an elder statesmen for street clothing like Stussy.

• 2 years later...
^ some people say the designs are more wack now, but they been pushing the same way for the last 9 years.

same quality runs, same marketiung stuff.

they don't compromise their integrity. they don't sell out.

maybe they'll be like stussy, but as long as their so strict on their distribution, they will never bee that iconic.

Despite being a higher end mall in our area, the Fashion Show mall in Las Vegas carries Stussy at their Macy's.