Slim Fit Chinos

super_steve

I've been having a lot of trouble finding a decent pair of slim fit chinos. I've looked at uniqlo, gap, urban outfitters, banana republic etc.

I am thinking I may have to move on to a designer pair, any suggestions? I would like to keep it under 200$

Thanks,

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=19925

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=28632

I've been having a lot of trouble finding a decent pair of slim fit chinos. I've looked at uniqlo, gap, urban outfitters, banana republic etc.

I am thinking I may have to move on to a designer pair, any suggestions? I would like to keep it under 200$

Thanks,

go back to uniqlo, gap, urban outfitters, insert frute place, etc.. buy the best fitting pair bring $15 and take them to a tailor to have them fitted/tapered. it's a very simple process that just about any tailor can do. even if none of the pants at the stores originally fit how you would like, after being pinned by a tailor you will already see how much better they can look. this simple task works fine on thrift store pants as well. really the only aspect that is somewhat crucial is semi-accurate waist size. every other part of the pant can be easily altered.

not the magic bullet pants which you hoped for but nonetheless an answer that does not involve online shopping/yahoo japan auction, etc.

i have a pair of shipley and halmos chinos that i love...very slim (about 7.5" leg opening on a size 30), lower-ish rise, great material and nice details (button fly, suspender buttons, leather patch)...but a tad overpriced imo @ $195. fortunately i got em on sale...not sure who carries it now, but i think it's called the "belmont" pant...i could be wrong. barneys, blackbird, ian in seattle and bluebee carried em last i checked.

go back to the gap, ask to see the newest stuff.. their new designer did a good job with the slim fit chinos, they're a lot better constructed than even last seasons shit, and the fabric is 10x better at least.

this is me in mine from my last fit

more info on the pants? size etc? thx

I'd be interested in chino material stuff. The 2 khakis i have are both dress pant trouser materials. a77 and raf by raf