Acronym 3A-3TS

chump

Hello - has anyone got one of these bags? I'm thinking of getting one but I can't work out from the pictures online how spacious they are. They look really flat in the pictures, as if you could only fit documents or other 2d-type stuff in them.

Thanks

Yeah I have one. It's about 4" wide at its base, which tapers off towards the top. the sides are all soft so it can accomodate loads of stuff. I usually have a slim laptop, camera (proper sized with lens, not a little digicam) and various papers/newspapers etc in it, and it has 2 zip pockets for MP3 players/electronic devices and one open drop pocket at the top just inside the zip.

Here's some pics.

3A-3TS_1.jpg

3A-3TS_2.jpg

3A-3TS_3.jpg

One thing to note: while the bag itself looks waterproof enough, the zip isn't - the idea being that you have an Acronym interops jacket that goes over it in heavy weather, and I wouldn't be comfortable carrying more than ~7kg inside - the clips and strap are all Mil-Spec, but there's no load rating supplied with it (you could email acronym though, they're cool) and its a lot of money to drop. I love it though. Won't be going back to my Freitag.

Edited by steph on Oct 26, 2005 at 03:25 PM

I can't remember what the model number is, but the bag that I have is a little different (I believe there are 3 styles: the one above, mine (based off of their original design), and a bigger, deluxe version of steph's, which BTW, is INCREDIBLE..and BIG).

I think mine may have a little more room than steph's, not sure, but I carry mine EVERYWHERE, and I am usually carrying an ibook, a hardcover sketchbook, 2 digi-cams, at few cds/dvds, various chargers/firewires/etc...extra battery, glasses case, a beanie (acr of course), and various other small stuff that lives in the bottom (bills, pens, a shoelace (?), gum)....and mine is not as flat as steph's

here's a pic of mine:

1131855125442_DSC02717.JPG

Edited by Blanc0 on Oct 26, 2005 at 04:01 PM

Yeah there's a bigger version which is like Acr's version of a full-size courier bag. There's also add-on 3rd arm pockets available, which look like the two pockets on the front of blanc0's, they attach to those strips on the front of mine via standard tecsys/malice/molle clips.

i've been looking at a few of the new acronym bags ....

i like them ... my boss has had one for a long time ... very killer bag.

i'm a student though and im not quite sure it could handle my daily load ...

not so "textbook chic" ... but fly for professionals or you grown ups.

granted i forget the product numbers ... the one i'm referring to may or may not be the one you are talking about ... it is similiar however to the two posted above ... the three being i believe one being some sort of black leather ... grey leather ... and black meshish sorta gig ... are about that size.

although i have seen one of the new larger acronym bags ... again ... sorry forget the name ...

but that muthafucker is hardcore.

(i'll try and take a look at the spec sheets and see if they have bag dimensions on them when i get a chance ... and post them with their corresponding product names)

Edited by won ton destruction on Oct 26, 2005 at 06:57 PM