things you learn from supermarket

Pandemonium

I've been guilty of that too (not responding back when I've been PM'd measurements). So usually I will ask in the thread. Of course, you then think "crap, the more posts in the thread, the more people who might potentially want this as well".

I wouldn't really mind slight lowballing if the person is nice and they've been around for a bit. When I'm being asked to bump 20% off something by someone with 4 posts, I ignore.

It's all about exclusivity / rarity / perceived value!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason half the shit on Sufu never sells is because its all saturated / liquid shit.

Hype da shit on WAYWT.

Play up the poster rep cred.

BUT ONCE LAME ASS POSTERS START BUYING EXCLUSIVE SHIT = ITS OVER

DONT SELL TO LAME ASS POSTER EVEN FOR A QUICK BUCK.

CUZ IT WILL LOWER YOUR PERCEIVED VALUE.

MAKE THE ILLUSION REAL MUTHA-FUCKAS.

MAKE

THE

ILLUSION

REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

The market's tough right now. SS08 was discounted heavily, 40-70% everywhere, and less dollars are being splashed around Supermarket. Everyone's savvy with the value of items, and only under-priced shit is moving.

Right now, eBay is bringing me in much better prices, and the sales come together faster. Seven days, and that shit is gone, not three weeks of flakers and low-ball offers.

Right now, eBay is bringing me in much better prices, and the sales come together faster. Seven days, and that shit is gone, not three weeks of flakers and low-ball offers.

eBay is gets better exposure for sure. They also command better prices because of this. eBay used to be a place for high-profile items only, while you'd have to go here or SF, or Hypebeast to sell the niche items. Now that is not the case. I have made about 1600 on 9 items on eBay this year as opposed to maybe 2000 on SuFu and SF combined on 0-40 items. eBay charges commission but the numbers are still lopsided.

I was trying to sell some PS cap-toe oxfords for $140, reduced to $100 (originally $395), on SuFu and SF and no one would even sniff. I put them on eBay and some City dude scooped them up the same day BIN for $140 +$12 for shipping.

Yea, i kinda regret selling that cloak mesh cardi on here for like $150 when i saw one in a less desireable size sell for $200. In the next month i'm gonna seriously look at my closet and try to trim a bit and i'll probably try to be firmer in my prices on sufu/sf and just ebay them with links on the forums if i dont get exactly what i'm asking.

Those Opening Ceremony jeans that one guy was doing wholesale orders for back in december for 5 pairs for $70shipped was great. I was able to sell the 5 of them for $200 on ebay

the funny thing is none of this actually matters. when still et al post a thread that is full of good stuff, well-photographed and no fluff, people jump on it. when theres a fluffy thread selling crap, people dont.

It also helps that Still's prices are reasonable and therefore equivalent to the overpriced fluff, allowing you to pick between some killer vintage Raf Simons versus equivalently priced asshole Nom de Guerre jacket.

eBay is gets better exposure for sure. They also command better prices because of this. eBay used to be a place for high-profile items only, while you'd have to go here or SF, or Hypebeast to sell the niche items. Now that is not the case. I have made about 1600 on 9 items on eBay this year as opposed to maybe 2000 on SuFu and SF combined on 0-40 items. eBay charges commission but the numbers are still lopsided.

I was trying to sell some PS cap-toe oxfords for $140, reduced to $100 (originally $395), on SuFu and SF and no one would even sniff. I put them on eBay and some City dude scooped them up the same day BIN for $140 +$12 for shipping.

Update: Couldn't sell a pair of RRDS for $75 on SuFu or SF for shit. Sold in like 3 hours on eBay for BIN $120.

Sold a pair of NDG grays on SF for $80 shipped and just sold another pair for $150 on eBay. Ridiculous. Gonna try eBay first from now on.

Update: Couldn't sell a pair of RRDS for $75 on SuFu or SF for shit. Sold in like 3 hours on eBay for BIN $120.

Sold a pair of NDG grays on SF for $80 shipped and just sold another pair for $150 on eBay. Ridiculous. Gonna try eBay first from now on.

Wow you must be a dipshit for brains.

Let's do a little EDUCATION class:

Here is a cutting edge/trend factor line-graph:

CUTTING EDGE / NEXT LEVEL SHIT

^

|

|

| <-------------- Sufu is here

|

|

MODERATELY TRENDY

|

|

| <-------------- Ebay is here

|

|

DILUATED SHIT / NOT TRENDY

Ebay cater to the MASS. That's why you can sell your nudies for much more cuz the average consumer on EBAY isn't cutting edge. They still consider Nudies hot shit.

It's also why you can't sell your CCP / Julius / Next level shit for a premium on EBAY. The market buyer/sellers are different.

Compare that with Sufu. The turnover cycle for hot shit is faster. So what is over and done with on Sufu is still relevent to the MASS. Nudies / Dior / etc., is diluted shit on Sufu.

YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE BANK?!

ABRITRAGE THAT SHIT.

Buy low on Ebay, sell high on Sufu.

Buy low on Sufu, sell high on Ebay.

Cop profit.

Stupid mutha-fuckers can't understand simple supply and demand.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...