pierre hardy slumming with the gap

Guest jmatsu

Guest jmatsu

2008_3_gapshoes.jpg

Though there hasn't been word of Pierre Hardy's shoes for Gap showing up in stores yet (the launch date is Thursday, March 6th), the footwear appears to be available online now. Three styles of the eleven promised have surfaced on Gap.com—Mary Jane flats ($98), sandal flats ($78) and three-strap platforms ($98). Strangely enough, the site doesn't mention Hardy, instead branding the shoes as part of their Design Editions initiative.

I read somewhere $180 for desert boots and $3hun for combat boots if anyone was wondering

Guest jmatsu
I read somewhere $180 for desert boots and $3hun for combat boots if anyone was wondering

i kinda wanted the combat boots, but fuck 3bills. i ain't paying that for something associated with the gap. would pay maybe 2 max.

srsly. I know kunk was saying he was thinking of a pair, but how many people can bring themselves to get 3hun gap shoes? Both shoes are pretty expensive considering the women's shoes are reasonable. I mean, if those boots are too expensive for us, what the hell is the typical gap customer going to think? Too bad it's a designerXhype type of thing and only at flagships or else they might make sales like everything else gap sells.

srsly. I know kunk was saying he was thinking of a pair, but how many people can bring themselves to get 3hun gap shoes? Both shoes are pretty expensive considering the women's shoes are reasonable. I mean, if those boots are too expensive for us, what the hell is the typical gap customer going to think? Too bad it's a designerXhype type of thing and only at flagships or else they might make sales like everything else gap sells.

The store at West Edmonton Mall (formerly world's largest) seems to get most stuff, and then it gets marked down to mere dollars. If they were to get these, I honestly think they would stick around to about 50 bucks.

i have a lot of gap tees and shit and the quality is acceptable. that said, if brand snobbery doesn't drag you down, you can get the same kind of boots from kenneth cole for $150 or camper for a bit more.

i tried on some ann d shit at c21 and it was shit. i'm starting to think quality is a bunch of bunk, outside of suits, proper dress shirts and proper dress shoes.

I mean, you can waltz into any barneys coop and pick up creative officine or buttero for similar price to gap which is just kinda weird to me. I'm not imagining them to look stellar in person either. Hopefully they look/feel nice since the shape is solid. Then again, i'm not really in the market for combat boots. If i was, these might be worth looking into

if brand snobbery doesn't drag you down, you can get the same kind of boots from kenneth cole for $150 or camper for a bit more.

i would like to state, for the record, that kenneth cole shoes are pure and utter crap. and i'd reckon boots like that would be more in the 200+ range. actually, the only good thing involving kenneth cole boots is the episode of the sopranos in which tony's russian mistress gets her fake "laig" stolen by his sister and is complaining about losing her calf skin kc kneehigh.

i tried on some ann d shit at c21 and it was shit. i'm starting to think quality is a bunch of bunk, outside of suits, proper dress shirts and proper dress shoes.

you base your judgment of a brand by the product that ends up at a discount store? is that really sensible?

that said, the women's shoes pictured above look much nicer.

oh yeah, i forgot about ann d's discount store only line which uses shitty fabrics. fuck are you talking about? same shit whatever you pay for it.

i would like to state, for the record, that kenneth cole shoes are pure and utter crap. and i'd reckon boots like that would be more in the 200+ range. actually, the only good thing involving kenneth cole boots is the episode of the sopranos in which tony's russian mistress gets her fake "laig" stolen by his sister and is complaining about losing her calf skin kc kneehigh.

you base your judgment of a brand by the product that ends up at a discount store? is that really sensible?

that said, the women's shoes pictured above look much nicer.

i kinda wanted the combat boots, but fuck 3bills. i ain't paying that for something associated with the gap. would pay maybe 2 max.

same until i saw the price. $300 sounds a bit outlandish for gap. when was the last time anything of theirs retailed for that much? i can't think of anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke with someone from corporate and was told that these will be done in smaller runs than previous limited editions. Apparently the higher-ups were not pleased to see how much stuff survived to sale time and is trying to put a stop to it.

• 1 month later...