Denim shirts

HumanError

Interesting website.

I don't collect a damn thing, but I seriously love denim shirts. I own items from the Jean Shop (Very dark wash selvedge), Sugar Cane(excellent item), Lucky Brands(Distressed and wrinkled. Great buttons and details), Levi(Because it's classic). And there are shirts I've had for a long time, which have aged very well and look great. And there are many brands of such shirts but they don't all look as good. You get the picture. I've seen but not purchased a denim shirt at 45RPM. Very very nice. Very very expensive. And as soon as I can get over to Famous Friends, presumably I can check out Nudies dark wash shirt which looks sharp as a tack on their website. 5ep has a chambray shirt that doesn't look disagreeable, it, too, supposedly available at Famous Friends. I don't go in for big name designer crap. I like to keep it under the radar and very real, if you know what I mean. I'm in NYC. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by HumanError on Oct 18, 2005 at 09:29 AM

Edited by HumanError on Oct 18, 2005 at 09:31 AM

You could think so, but Denimheadcase does not know how to use commas, he's a full stop only kinda guy.

on topic: Cheap Monday has a nice fitted raw denim shirt which I'm thinking of getting, it's about $80 shipped from caliroots.com. Acne has a nice washed denim shirt and most japanese jeans labels do denim shirts, check out rakuten.co.jp.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

THe coolest shirt right now is Wranglers' 27MW - the one worn by Marvin Gaye and Steve McQueen. There's an excellent recent reissue of the first version, but when it sells out I'm not sure there'll be any more. You can find details on the warngler site, if you follow th elinks for Blue Bell Collection.

It's true that denim head to toe is a hard look hard to pull off, tho, unless you are Steve McQueen or Marvin Gaye.. .

• 2 weeks later...

The Wrangler 27 mw western shirt had many updates done to it but the best versions in my opinon were:

1, 1952 origonal version

2, 1954 2nd edition (steve McQueen) with whit buttons. also avalable in plaid

3, 1960s 127mw "long tails". the first wrangler shirt to not have sloping pocket flaps and a rope "W" button.

never stop learning

• 5 years later...