479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the point is to ensure people are going to be serious about the contest and purchasing the jeans... not to discriminate against new people who are interested. plus, this is going to be a contest meaning you will have to post updates of the fades, whiskers, combs, etc. of your jeans every once in a while... right? yeah. start posting now to make yourself known.

and by the way, you either spelled "demon" or "denim" wrong. i'm not sure which.

yea you are quite right. i registered that name with the mistake on another forum a while ago and that name has stuck ever since. anyway to those who dont like my name, sorry i cant help you. got a negative rating on my rep from some dude coz he dont like my name. haha!

well yea so pissed off that i missed so many contest this year and last. so i wont miss out this one! i know wat u are supposed to do in a contest, but thanks for reminding me anyway. getting me more excited about this one!!

i think the point is to ensure people are going to be serious about the contest and purchasing the jeans... not to discriminate against new people who are interested. plus, this is going to be a contest meaning you will have to post updates of the fades, whiskers, combs, etc. of your jeans every once in a while... right? yeah. start posting now to make yourself known.

meh I disagree. why post just for the sake of posting if you don't have anything relevant to say? that's why I don't post much, but I'm still gonna participate in this contest (if I can afford it)

and by the way, you either spelled "demon" or "denim" wrong. i'm not sure which.

Awww. It's so cute how you don't think you are a newbie anymore even though you joined a couple months ago. You post so much spam. In the flat head thread, you have about 5 posts a page.

I'm pretty new myself, but I know that just because people don't post crap all the time like you, doesn't mean they don't read the forums. "start posting now to make yourself known"? What does being known on the forums have to do with getting good wear on your jeans?

As to posting pictures. I think it's better that new people don't post pics of their 1 month old jeans that look like they came straight from the shelf. Post pictures when you get some good wear.

How does it hurt you if new people join the contest anyways? Why would you want to deny people jeans? Does that make your jeans so much better because less people have them? Besides, with more people, you'll have more pictures.

Does that make your jeans so much better because less people have them?

Your main point is still pretty valid, but I just wanted to say, "yes...limited edition" haha....although in this case, we're looking at nearly 300 pairs already anyways, so the real difference between letting "noobs" join (which I'd consider myself a part of), and not probably wouldn't be that much anyways.

It shouldn't matter, this contest be about SuFu, past, present and future. Old, new whatever, everyone should be allowed in on it. If they just want some limited edition jeans, so be it. It's not like you'll remember their names if they disappear anyhow. The more the merrier.

I'm just jealous of Edmond. But honestly, I like really being able to pick which my "project" pairs are. I have a s5000vx that slips into rotation when I'm not wearing the Warehouse contests, and I'll be able to just ride those out through the Dry Bones contest too.

Part of wishes I had more cash for more jeans, but I also would need more time to deal with them. Being broke makes me really research my purchases.

Awww. It's so cute how you don't think you are a newbie anymore even though you joined a couple months ago. You post so much spam. In the flat head thread, you have about 5 posts a page.

I'm pretty new myself, but I know that just because people don't post crap all the time like you, doesn't mean they don't read the forums. "start posting now to make yourself known"? What does being known on the forums have to do with getting good wear on your jeans?

As to posting pictures. I think it's better that new people don't post pics of their 1 month old jeans that look like they came straight from the shelf. Post pictures when you get some good wear.

How does it hurt you if new people join the contest anyways? Why would you want to deny people jeans? Does that make your jeans so much better because less people have them? Besides, with more people, you'll have more pictures.

i've said this before to someone else but i'll do it to you,

http://www.midol.com

notice how i never said i was in support of the rule, just giving a view.

as for being a new member, sure you could call me new... but i also lurked for many months beforehand and when i finally decided to become a member of the forums, i couldn't because superfuture wasn't allowing new users. so i had to wait until superfuture allowed them again (i noticed this in may). please don't bullshit with me.

as for the flat head, i posted pics of my new jeans because i got 3 +reps and 5 PMs asking for me to do so. so... yeah.

as for "making yourself known," i don't know about anyone else but when i see a person with less than 10 posts or something make demands in a contest/custom jeans thread, i don't bother reading their post. show you're serious by posting in threads, helping wherever you can, etc. not shitting a brick when someone tries to explain to you the reasoning behind another member.

i never said it hurts for new people to join the contest... but at least show you're serious by spending a couple of hours collectively to post a few times. this shows that the jeans are going to be actually worn and not ebayed immediately after the jeans sell out. so once again, i never was for DENYING people jeans. who the fuck am i to say that anyways? i'm not running the contest. i'm merely saying if you want to be in on the SUPERFUTURExDRY BONESxSELF EDGE CUSTOM CONTEST JEANS, at least become a member of SUPERFUTURE. many people can sign up for superfuture to get in on these jeans, i guess. i never said you couldn't; instead was MERELY explaining something.

recap: don't get your panties in a knot. i NEVER said i agreed or whatnot, or tried to deny new members access to be in the contest... sheesh. the more, the merrier. but by MORE i mean actually MORE people to be SERIOUS. i think that should be the only requirement: intention to fade the fuck out of these jeans.

I've been here longer than all of you, does that mean i get a free pair?

I really hope there is no post limit. Im really interested to join this contest and will contribute pictures and such of my jeans if in. I dont really think a members post count shows how they will contribute if competing in a contest. I actually think by allowing new members to join in contests such as this one is good for the new members by getting them acquainted with other members here and in a way bringing the old and new community of superfuture closer. I hope this makes a little sense.

i've said this before to someone else but i'll do it to but by MORE i mean actually MORE people to be SERIOUS. i think that should be the only requirement: intention to fade the fuck out of these jeans.

we will be serious - do not worry!

save your energy for beating us in the contest and ... good luck ... :D

this will be fun!