Washing Used Jeans - Yay or Nay?

CityHunter

What is your take on washing and wearing used jeans bought from, let's say, a 2nd hand store like Buffalo Exchange or a vintage/thrift store? Or even a pair that has been purchased from a SuFu member or off eBay?

I know it might be nasty because you don't know where they have been, but you are cutting down the lifespan of the jeans by washing them...

Rinse maybe? Fabreeze?

what a ridiculous topic. you do realize that people wash jeans on a regular basis, right? if it's a slightly used pair of raw denim and you want to maximize contrast fades, don't wash it. if its anything else, wash that shit. you don't know who wore it.

why do you want to get up close and personal with someone's lil bro?
Washing increases the lifespan... dirt and shit makes the fabric and threads weaker.
Personally, I would wash it you never know where its been or who wore it.
Its been said used jeans are rich in sodium so adding water could be about as much fun for your peen as that cursed fuckawful Poprocks trick Cosmo loves to write about. Caveat emptor, mang.

LOLZ

I love how four other posters (noobs) each with 300 less posts has the fucking common sense to know that you need to wash your second hand jeans before you wear them.

All I can imagine is him explaining to his boyfriend how he got crabs from wearing dirty unwashed jeans he thrifted

having more or less than 300 posts has nothing to do with noob status. some people know much, but speak little...

but anyway even if you know dude you copped from, you dont know what the fuck he did in them. he couldve worn them commando, fucked in them, wiped his cock with the pocket bag, and your dumb-ass wanna go and cop them, and not @LEAST give them a long, hot soak. who the fuck said that water shortens the life span of denim? thats some noob-ass bullshit right there.

If they are still unwashed raw denim, I would try to wear them as long as possible unwashed. If they are obviously really dirty or stinky I would in case of emergency try to dry clean them.

The only reason to keep them unwashed as long as possible is for all denim heads, who like the incredible dirty and shiny look of the raw fenim, which will result in a super great fading and sharp contrasts, which you'll never receive in such an intense way, when washing them frequently

no slight to swiss-freak, but why is everyone so in love with the vintage levis, but for their own jeans they do everything they can to get as much contrast as possible? i cant put on someones ball sweat for a fade... gotta give em @least a hot soak.

I do't care that much about the brand as long as it's a good dark indigo raw denim. The sharp fading contrast is also not my main topic, I just like the shiny dirty look of dry denim most.

when i got my jeans second hand, i wash them in a tub of blue kool-aid, vinegar, sugar, salt, urine, blue food colouring, bleach, and ketchup.

change the kool-aid and the food colouring if you have different colour jeans.